The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Applying for Nottingham Trent 2021 - One grade lower than required

Hello,

Im looking to apply for Nottingham Trent this year studying Business Management and Marketing BA (Hons). However, I have checked the requirements it says minimum of 120 UCAS Tariff Points or a grade DDM in BTEC Extended Diploma, I only achieved a grade DMM which is equivalent to 112 UCAS Points and i am currently studying LEVEL 3 NVQ Personal Training which does not give you any extra points. Can anyone recommend what I can do for me to get into Trent? Im considering to do a EPQ but it may get in the way of my other course.

Thanks for your help.
Original post by matt_dirzys
Hello,

Im looking to apply for Nottingham Trent this year studying Business Management and Marketing BA (Hons). However, I have checked the requirements it says minimum of 120 UCAS Tariff Points or a grade DDM in BTEC Extended Diploma, I only achieved a grade DMM which is equivalent to 112 UCAS Points and i am currently studying LEVEL 3 NVQ Personal Training which does not give you any extra points. Can anyone recommend what I can do for me to get into Trent? Im considering to do a EPQ but it may get in the way of my other course.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Matt Dirzys,

I hope you are having a good day. Thank you for your question!

As your BTEC Extended Diploma grades are already achieved, they may be sufficient to gain acceptance onto next year's course even though they are a little short of the mark. At present there is no guarantee that UCAS points from an additional qualification, such as an EPQ, would be taken into consideration on top of your BTEC, as we can normally only accept up to three A-levels or equivalent qualifications.

I would suggest getting in touch with our friendly Enquiries Team on 0115 848 4200 or via our AskNTU form for more information in regard to your specific circumstances.

Thank you, I hope this helps!

Andrea
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hi Matt Dirzys,

I hope you are having a good day. Thank you for your question!

As your BTEC Extended Diploma grades are already achieved, they may be sufficient to gain acceptance onto next year's course even though they are a little short of the mark. At present there is no guarantee that UCAS points from an additional qualification, such as an EPQ, would be taken into consideration on top of your BTEC, as we can normally only accept up to three A-levels or equivalent qualifications.

I would suggest getting in touch with our friendly Enquiries Team on 0115 848 4200 or via our AskNTU form for more information in regard to your specific circumstances.

Thank you, I hope this helps!

Andrea

Thanks for letting me know, take care.

Quick Reply