Inter-Company
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Chewwy)
you must be feeling pretty stupid today.
why? have they collapsed? .....oh no they haven't :rolleyes:

Just further speculation floating about. No doubt they are in trouble but a BS situation is highly unlikely (and hence what I stated initially), if anything b/c they have access to the FRW they will always in essence have liquidity there unlike BS (which was what led to there demise)
Chewwy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Inter-Company)
well done idiot :rolleyes:
there's no need to call people names.
lets go turtles!
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Do you think my fast track interview will get carried over to the next bank then? lol

as long as lehman isnt sold to jp morgan, i'm all good

oh well

roll on monday morning

i know a girl who just started lehman graduate programme, and has spent an entire week being interviewed for desks and going for networking drinks. she must be gutted
Svenssen
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by lets go turtles!)
Do you think my fast track interview will get carried over to the next bank then? lol

as long as lehman isnt sold to jp morgan, i'm all good

oh well

roll on monday morning

i know a girl who just started lehman graduate programme, and has spent an entire week being interviewed for desks and going for networking drinks. she must be gutted
In poker, you would be regarded as a fish.
Lykabelle
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I got the fast track email a few days ago too and it is such a shame that Lehman Brothers is facing collapse. I'm not just thinking about myself here because I could apply to other banks but I honestly met some truly talented and friendly employees at Lehman Brothers during the spring programme and I feel so sorry for them knowing that their jobs are hanging in the balance. The building is great, there was a friendly atmosphere and I learnt alot there so it's all quite sad. Having said that, I'm finding learning more about the IB sector because of all this pretty fascinating.
Jibzy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Lykabelle)
I got the fast track email a few days ago too and it is such a shame that Lehman Brothers is facing collapse. I'm not just thinking about myself here because I could apply to other banks but I honestly met some truly talented and friendly employees at Lehman Brothers during the spring programme and I feel so sorry for them knowing that their jobs are hanging in the balance. The building is great, there was a friendly atmosphere and I learnt alot there so it's all quite sad. Having said that, I'm finding learning more about the IB sector because of all this pretty fascinating.
are spring insights still on 4 this year?
Lykabelle
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Jibzy)
are spring insights still on 4 this year?
Not sure but they should be and it's definitely something you should look into since they are aimed at first year undergrads (or second years of a 4 year degree programme). As far as I know there were considerably more spring events this year and these events should still be going ahead but it's hard to say with the current economic climate! Check out their websites and apply for them at some point during the autumn
AnotherIBer
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Probably not with LB filing bankruptcy today...
Trapz99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Does anyone know when they’ll open for 2021 SA? I’ve already prepped my cover letter.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (35)
21.6%
No (127)
78.4%

Watched Threads