The Student Room Group

When should we apply for sixth forms?

Hey.. im in year 11, and ive heard that you could start applying for sixth forms earlier on. But im not sure how? How do i do it and how do i get the form up. Can someone help me please
Reply 1
Some schools will be starting applications for sixth form/colleges for 2021 but I know that most will start bringing it up after Christmas. If you know what kind of sixth forms/ colleges you want to go to you can look at their websites and you can get a kind of impression of the school, and some might have the application forms and requirements etc for the 2021 intake. Obviously it’s better to be able to look around the schools but with covid that might not be available this year but if sixth forms/colleges are available for open evenings it’ll say somewhere on their website :smile:
for most sixth forms you can apply through ucas. however if you do want to you can apply directly on the sixth form website. if there is no option it just means they arnt open for admission yet
Reply 3
all school are different but I roughly remember applying to sixth forms around December time. don't panic, i'm sure you'll have plenty of time and your school will run through it with you
Reply 4
In my borough (south London) the applications have just opened for some sixth forms, and most of them close for normal admission around April
Reply 5
Original post by dylgeo
In my borough (south London) the applications have just opened for some sixth forms, and most of them close for normal admission around April

Im from south east, thank you :smile:
ahah, I’m in yr11 from the south east too! I recommend langley boys :smile: the social life is apparently quite vibrant and it is quite academic (well, significantly less academic than the neighbouring girls’ school.)!

Quick Reply

Latest