I don’t like boys my own age?

Watch
nerual16
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Mabye this is a common problem but I’m a girl of 17 and I just don’t find any boys my age attractive? However when I see a guy of 25 drinking with his mates I’m just so in awe I can’t even explain. Why do you think this is because all my friends are dating boys and I just don’t like anyone
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
A lot of girls are only attracted to guys who are older than them.
I date with an age gap of 15 years+ and a lot of dealbreakers.
I've never dated a guy in his 20s and never will.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
A lot of girls like older guys that’s pretty normal.
TJ1997
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
A large majority of girls find older guys more attractive.

Most boys at 17 aren't overly confident or at their peak of attractiveness both physically and sexually so there's that too..
Scottishlad888
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Its not a problem you like older guys thats nothing new older guys are more mature and know how to look after a younger woman go with what makes you happy l would only date younger and l am an older guy
TheAnxiousSloth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I wouldn't say it's normal, but it's not uncommon. I've always like guys who are considerably older than me. However, if a guy shows interest in you when you're under 18, don't trust him.
Scottishlad888
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by TheAnxiousSloth)
I wouldn't say it's normal, but it's not uncommon. I've always like guys who are considerably older than me. However, if a guy shows interest in you when you're under 18, don't trust him.
You do have a point there and what about young girls wanting to date older guys the legal age in the UK is 16 America 18 ?
IVLIVSCAESAR
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by TheAnxiousSloth)
I'd say you're semi correct, in that it's kind of weird if a guy in his late 20's got chatting to a 17 year old. On the other hand though, I would say the maturity gap between a 17 year old girl and a bloke in their early 20s isn't much, generally speaking :dontknow:
khadijaaaxxxx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
same
PTMalewski
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by IVLIVSCAESAR)
I'd say you're semi correct, in that it's kind of weird if a guy in his late 20's got chatting to a 17 year old. On the other hand though, I would say the maturity gap between a 17 year old girl and a bloke in their early 20s isn't much, generally speaking :dontknow:
It's even in psychology handbooks on teenagers, that teenager girls prefer guys a couple years older, while books on adult people even say that even larger gaps are commonly prefered by women in that group.

Some, I believe several European countries also have laws saying that a 15 or 16 years old can agree to have sex, also there are other specific regulations, for example if the legal age is 15, and the girl was 14, the man will still not be charged if he is not older than 17.
IVLIVSCAESAR
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by PTMalewski)
It's even in psychology handbooks on teenagers, that teenager girls prefer guys a couple years older, while books on adult people even say that even larger gaps are commonly prefered by women in that group.

Some, I believe several European countries also have laws saying that a 15 or 16 years old can agree to have sex, also there are other specific regulations, for example if the legal age is 15, and the girl was 14, the man will still not be charged if he is not older than 17.
On the one hand, I do think that it's a little more likely that a guy would be able to manipulate a girl a few years younger than himself if she is 16-17, but on the other hand there is a lot of variance between personalities. For example, there are plenty of girls who are 17 who can easily manipulate guys in their early 20s, as a counter example
Scottishlad888
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Its not weird in the least
PTMalewski
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
On the one hand, I do think that it's a little more likely that a guy would be able to manipulate a girl a few years younger than himself if she is 16-17, but on the other hand there is a lot of variance between personalities. For example, there are plenty of girls who are 17 who can easily manipulate guys in their early 20s, as a counter example
Exactly.

The age gap preference has been observed scientifically since decades ago, and as common everyday knowledge is much older. Also men easily lose mind for attractive women. While in films it's usually about men manipulating girls, in real life I've seen only young guys manipulated by girls.

Overall it's a very difficult problem, next to impossible to be described in rules, so it's just important that parents should be on guard.
L-K
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by nerual16)
Mabye this is a common problem but I’m a girl of 17 and I just don’t find any boys my age attractive? However when I see a guy of 25 drinking with his mates I’m just so in awe I can’t even explain. Why do you think this is because all my friends are dating boys and I just don’t like anyone
Guys in their 20s are often immature idiots as well!
Scottishlad888
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Exactly.

The age gap preference has been observed scientifically since decades ago, and as common everyday knowledge is much older. Also men easily lose mind for attractive women. While in films it's usually about men manipulating girls, in real life I've seen only young guys manipulated by girls.

Overall it's a very difficult problem, next to impossible to be described in rules, so it's just important that parents should be on guard.
Parents cant stop who there daughters date as long as they are legal age what about all these sugar daddy sites that sugar babys are using to get money from sugar daddys are you saying there parents can stop them from using those kind of sites l dont think so
IVLIVSCAESAR
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Exactly.

On the one hand, there are manipulative people of both genders, for various reasons. However, on the other hand, I would agree with you that the level of manipulation exhibited by women, young women included, is oftentimes underplayed/brushed under the rug
PTMalewski
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Scottishlad888)
Parents cant stop who there daughters date as long as they are legal age what about all these sugar daddy sites that sugar babys are using to get money from sugar daddys are you saying there parents can stop them from using those kind of sites l dont think so
You're making a lot of assumptions, I didn't say anything on that particular issue.
Scottishlad888
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You're making a lot of assumptions, I didn't say anything on that particular issue.
You said parents should be on Guard what for
PTMalewski
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Scottishlad888)
You said parents should be on Guard what for
In case of manipulation.
Scottishlad888
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
In case of manipulation.
Well you also said females are doing the manipulation to guys as well now
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (54)
29.51%
No - I have already returned home (23)
12.57%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (42)
22.95%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (16)
8.74%
No - I live at home during term anyway (48)
26.23%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed