aqa biology a-level topics

Watch this thread
User148
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
hi,

I've been very confused about this lately. What are considered separate topics in Biology for the paper 3 exam? I was told that topics under topic 2 like the circulatory cycle and digestion were considered one topic as they're under topic 2. However, someone else has told me that each page in the specification is a seperate topic.

Would appreciate a clarification!
francisab03
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
AQA biology is split into 8 topics and each topic could have a few sub topics within them. So you're right in that there are sub topics like digestion that fall under one main topic.

Paper 1 looks at topics 1-4, paper 2 looks at topics 5-8 and paper 3 looks at everything so you could have a question about carbohydrates and then one about photosynthesis.

Page 8 of this outlines it:
https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resourc...02-SP-2015.PDF

Hopefully this is somewhat helpful?
User148
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by francisab03)
AQA biology is split into 8 topics and each topic could have a few sub topics within them. So you're right in that there are sub topics like digestion that fall under one main topic.

Paper 1 looks at topics 1-4, paper 2 looks at topics 5-8 and paper 3 looks at everything so you could have a question about carbohydrates and then one about photosynthesis.

Page 8 of this outlines it:
https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resourc...02-SP-2015.PDF

Hopefully this is somewhat helpful?
so when writing the synoptic essay, each paragraph needs to be from a seperate topic so would proteins and sugars count as seperate topics that a paragraph can be written about or would they be considered under the same topic?
francisab03
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by User148)
so when writing the synoptic essay, each paragraph needs to be from a seperate topic so would proteins and sugars count as seperate topics that a paragraph can be written about or would they be considered under the same topic?
That'd be fine I'm pretty sure. Past mark schemes say nothing about not allowing that and you'd be extremely limited in what to talk about if you couldn't.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (156)
41.82%
Not yet, but I will soon (69)
18.5%
No (148)
39.68%

Watched Threads