Do Russell Group unis look down at retakes?

Watch
1600student1629
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm probably retaking this year 12 and changing my subjects from maths chem and bio to maths economics and one undecided right now. Do unis such as Warwick look down at people that have been forced to retake year 12 with bad results even if they meet their grade requirements at the end of A-levels?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 1600student1629)
I'm probably retaking this year 12 and changing my subjects from maths chem and bio to maths economics and one undecided right now. Do unis such as Warwick look down at people that have been forced to retake year 12 with bad results even if they meet their grade requirements at the end of A-levels?
It depends on the uni and course what they think about resits.
The fact its only economics and the fact it is year 12 will minimise any chance of ot beiong an issue. Ultimately only they cna tell you based on your situation as all unis have their own policies.
Dhdhjsbshh
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yh if course if it is the top end if the russell group but warwick might not
Siannyallen
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think at least some of them only accept one resit for each exam, but they should have information on their admissions page (& if not, their admissions department should be able to give you more information)
Admit-One
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 1600student1629)
Warwick’s policy on retakes depends on the course you are applying for. Your best bet is to contact them and ask.
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The Russell Group is a very varied combination of universities with a wide range of policies. What Oxbridge do in admissions is not the same as what Exeter do in admissions. Also there is very little point in targeting just the Russell Group as not all RG unis are good for all courses, and there are plenty of non-RG unis that are better than quite a few RG unis for a number of courses. The universities that you expect will have concerns about retakes (Oxbridge, LSE, Imperial, UCL) will have those concerns for some if not all of their courses. Others probably will have less of an issue unless you are applying for medicine, dentistry, or vet med.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (637)
33.44%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (805)
42.26%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (377)
19.79%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.51%

Watched Threads