The Student Room Group

GEM graduate entry medicine/ failing a levels. A level retake/ gap year

Hi i am in a very funny situation which has really upset me in life. I believe that i did well at GCSEs in all of my subjects. When it came to A-levels however i began to suffer from severe depression and anxiety and so failed. I thought i would retake knowing i would do well in Chemistry and Biology however i came out with bad grades which was.a D,D. Because of my situation my next best course which I really liked came up which was pharmacy and got accepted into it because the university considered my condition and health. Ive now completed year 1 and have come out with a 1st. Gaining 79% and 75% in another module. I can’t lie I love pharmacy but I’d say if it wasn’t for my health I would have excelled in my a levels and went on to do medicine. Now thinking about it I think that taking a gap year would be great this because I can either decide to retake a levels again for the 3rd time which isn’t the best option but knowing that my health thankfully is better now I can do really good in it. Or I can carry on and finish the 3 years remaining and go onto do Graduate Entry Medicine. What do you guys think?
I think at this point it would be best to just cut your losses and go for GEM, rather than drop out of university and retake your A-levels for the 3rd time. You enjoy pharmacy too which is a perk. Plus if for whatever reason getting imto medical school doesn't work out, you have something to fall back on.

Quick Reply

Latest