Universal credit and student finance wales grants loans

Watch
dev1991
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I'm wondering if anyone from Wales can help me I haven't long changed to uc my partner that is a carer for my son we have no income apart from my student grants loans and I receive a special support grant. One of my friends in university sent me a screenshot of her payment schedule she gets a special support grant plus the others I get ( maintanice loan parent learning allowance and Welsh government learning grant) all that gets deducted from hers monthly is £30. Is this the case for everyone as I've heard they usually deduct around £700 a month.
Gemskia.91
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi, I hope you don't mind me commenting to follow your threatd in hopes someone has some information on this.I am a lone parent to two in full time university.

I was thinking I should get an application in for Universal Credit sooner rather than later so that by the time summer hits I will be set up and ready with payments.

Are you claiming UC at the moment? I'm not worried if all I get is my Child tax credits and Housing benefit (as I am already receiving) I just want to make sure things are in place for summer when me and the kids will be home from school.
Last edited by Gemskia.91; 2 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (190)
5.06%
Uncertainty around my education (552)
14.69%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (420)
11.18%
Lack of purpose or motivation (517)
13.76%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (187)
4.98%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (224)
5.96%
Loneliness (315)
8.38%
Financial worries (138)
3.67%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (145)
3.86%
Exposure to negative news/social media (168)
4.47%
Lack of real life entertainment (213)
5.67%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (335)
8.92%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (353)
9.4%

Watched Threads