The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
may be u dont have the right specs!?
Reply 2
I have. It used to work. This is so frustrating. :frown:
Reply 3
You will need DVD playing software to watch DVDs on a laptop.
Reply 4
I have it. Three lots. Interactual Player. Power DVD and WMP.

It says:

Playback failed due to a problem with the video subsystem. Lowering your screen resolution or color depth may fix the problem

WTF? :confused:
Reply 5
What is your resolution?
Reply 6
Argh ok, right click on the desktop and then click on properties, now click on settings, now make sure the colour depth is at least 16-bit and that the resolution is at least 800*600.
Reply 7
1024 x 768 and 32 bit colour.

I also tried with 800 x 600 and 16 bit colour. Neither worked. :confused:
Reply 8
as it said "Lowering your screen resolution .." so wouldnt it have to a maximum of a certain res rather than minimum?
Reply 9
I've tried having it as high and as low as possible. And nothing. Grrr.
englishstudent, so absolutely no DVDs work right now? or just a few?
Reply 11
englishstudent
1024 x 768 and 32 bit colour.

I also tried with 800 x 600 and 16 bit colour. Neither worked. :confused:

Try restarting.
Jack Schitt
englishstudent, so absolutely no DVDs work right now? or just a few?

Well I was watching one the other week and it was fine. Haven't tried since. Will try a restart.
Nothing. I am gonna format my hardrive. I need to anyway and it may help. Thanks for the ideas!
Reply 14
englishstudent
Well I was watching one the other week and it was fine. Haven't tried since. Will try a restart.

Yeah try a restart...if that fails I would try reinstalling the player software and your video adapter.
Reply 15
englishstudent
Nothing. I am gonna format my hardrive. I need to anyway and it may help. Thanks for the ideas!

Don't forget to backup important files. Assuming it is a software problem instead of a hardware problem, a format will definitely fix it.
You need to have a disk drive that plays DVD's.
Moncal
Don't forget to backup important files. Assuming it is a software problem instead of a hardware problem, a format will definitely fix it.

Can I back stuff up on my iPod?
Reply 18
englishstudent
Can I back stuff up on my iPod?

I think you can, but burning a cd would be easier and safer IMO. A floppy disk might even be big enough. Just put word documents ect on it. Everything else you should have on cd.
If you don't have high speed internet you should also save the setup files for programs you need that you have downloaded.
Reply 19
need_money
You need to have a disk drive that plays DVD's.

no shat

Latest

Trending

Trending