The Student Room Group

Maths fraction question

Hey,if u can solve this question and let me know what the answer is that would be super helpful,thanks.
There are 3 brothers:Adam,Ben and Callum. Callum is 2/3 of Adam's age.Ben is 4/5 of Adam's age .Given that Callum is 2 years younger than Ben ,find Adam's age.
I understand the question but would just like the answer so i can mark it
Reply 1
What did you get? We can't just tell you the answer I'm afraid!
Original post by dog25
Hey,if u can solve this question and let me know what the answer is that would be super helpful,thanks.
There are 3 brothers:Adam,Ben and Callum. Callum is 2/3 of Adam's age.Ben is 4/5 of Adam's age .Given that Callum is 2 years younger than Ben ,find Adam's age.

Do you mean that you think you've done and want to see whether you're correct?
Original post by dog25

adam is 15
Reply 4
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by MontyJasper94
I'm a Cambridge grad student building a maths homework help app to solve questions like these.

Please don;t hijack people's TSR threads to post advertising spam.

And everyone else should beware of following strange links :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by davros

It's not spam, it's free help.
Reply 7
It's not spam, it's free help.

Community guidelines:
"If you post a link, please make sure it’s useful. This isn’t the place for promotional activity, so please avoid posting about both commercial and non-commercial products/services"
Your link isn't useful for answering the question right now, is it?
Original post by Interea
Community guidelines:
"If you post a link, please make sure it’s useful. This isn’t the place for promotional activity, so please avoid posting about both commercial and non-commercial products/services"
Your link isn't useful for answering the question right now, is it?

So your message is spam. Please do not spam.
Original post by Gazzz06
Adam

Read the rules - do not post answers - kindly edit :smile:
So your message is spam. Please do not spam.

What‽‽‽
I'm pretty sure interea was saying that your message was spam. They weren't spamming.
Original post by dog25
I understand the question but would just like the answer so i can mark it.

I am not a mathematician but how about you post a picture of your answers so that a TSR mathematician can mark it?
I got that ben was 15 ,i just wanted to check if my answer was correct i swear i did not just want the answer i did do the question
Reply 13
Original post by dog25
I got that ben was 15 ,i just wanted to check if my answer was correct i swear i did not just want the answer i did do the question

Best advice is to post your proposed answers or working and then someone on here can check it for you :smile:
Original post by davros

And everyone else should beware of following strange links :smile:

You may want to edit the quote in your post?
Reply 15
Original post by mqb2766
You may want to edit the quote in your post?

Done, thanks! (Didn't realise the original post had now been removed and the poster banned!) :smile:
Callum is 2/3 of adam age ben is 4/5 of adam age callum is 2 years younger than ben find adam age
Original post by Dudleybrian
Callum is 2/3 of adam age ben is 4/5 of adam age callum is 2 years younger than ben find adam age

This thread is 2 years old - if you need help on the problem it would be best to start your own new thread with any working you've done as per TSR guidelines. Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest