dog25
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey ,i was wondering what extra activities i can do which would provide UCAS points or help in my personal statement when applying to uni.
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by dog25)
Hey ,i was wondering what extra activities i can do which would provide UCAS points or help in my personal statement when applying to uni.
In general, unis won't consider things that provide UCAS points but aren't relevant to your course for admissions. Also, most things that give UCAS points are not things that can be picked up quickly (e.g. playing an instrument to a high grade).

To help your PS, do things relevant to your course- e.g. relevant extracurriculars, relevant reading etc.
dog25
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
oh i am in secondary school still so i do have time to do extra activities,thanks though.Do you know any particular activities that provide UCAS points?
bamtutor
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Have a look at the UCAS tariff it lists everything that gives points. The easiest thing to do is a Extended project https://www.ucas.com/ucas/tariff-calculator
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hobbies do not get you UCAS points - academic qualifications do.
MinnieW09
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Graded music and dance get you UCAS points but depending on the course the uni might not accept points from them. Not to say they arent useful and fun and have other merits in your PS etc but the points might no count

Hobby wise do what you enjoy then in your PS link it back to a skill and why that skill is important for your chosen course i.e. you're in an orchestra or football team so team work, you volunteer at a pet shelter so care, compassion, you do lots of activities so youre good with time management etc

Depending on what you want to study work experience looks good on a PS (sometimes its pretty much mandatory ie medicine) and reading on the subject or attending out reach courses to show youre passion and interest in the subject
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (658)
33.57%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (832)
42.45%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (381)
19.44%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (89)
4.54%

Watched Threads