The Student Room Group

Getting bored at uni

I came to university because i wanted to move away and meet people. I've been here for 2 weeks now and for the most part that is what has happened. The first week i was here was great. I met a bunch of new people who where really nice and started to become friends with them. The only problem is Covid. With more people moving in, it's been hard to actually meet up with my friends, due to the Covid restrictions. All of the people I've become friends with have been in other flats. My flatmates are cool and all, but we just don't seem to have much in common. I really want to meet up with my friends, but i just can't. And, as a result, I find my self alone in my room pretty much all day and night. I'm getting really bored. I was hoping that when my course started this would give me a new opportunity to make some new friends, but since that the majority of teaching is going to be online, I think it's unlikely that I'll properly get to meet people. Is anyone having the problem as me, and, if so, what are you doing to deal with it?
Legally you can meet up outside up to a group of 6.
Original post by Mustafa0605
Legally you can meet up outside up to a group of 6.

I know, the problem is going out is expensive. I can't afford to go out that often, maybe once or twice a week max
Reply 3
Could you set up a zoom chat with the people you call your friends for this evening, James?
Reply 4
You should've been prepared to know this would've happened tbh.
Original post by JamesWhitehall
I came to university because i wanted to move away and meet people. I've been here for 2 weeks now and for the most part that is what has happened. The first week i was here was great. I met a bunch of new people who where really nice and started to become friends with them. The only problem is Covid. With more people moving in, it's been hard to actually meet up with my friends, due to the Covid restrictions. All of the people I've become friends with have been in other flats. My flatmates are cool and all, but we just don't seem to have much in common. I really want to meet up with my friends, but i just can't. And, as a result, I find my self alone in my room pretty much all day and night. I'm getting really bored. I was hoping that when my course started this would give me a new opportunity to make some new friends, but since that the majority of teaching is going to be online, I think it's unlikely that I'll properly get to meet people. Is anyone having the problem as me, and, if so, what are you doing to deal with it?

Organise events to meet them. If they are more than 6, then arrange different events.
Reply 6
Original post by JamesWhitehall
I know, the problem is going out is expensive. I can't afford to go out that often, maybe once or twice a week max

You don't need money to go out. Just go to the park or something and chill out.

Quick Reply

Latest