xo.lizziee
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
best English revision books for grade 7/8/9
I've got the CGP ones for Lord of the Flies and Poetry (which thankfully were not doing anymore) but they don't seem that good and like they could only get you a 6??? any tips on books that have helped you?? or are the CGP ones good
isobeln
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by xo.lizziee)
best English revision books for grade 7/8/9
I've got the CGP ones for Lord of the Flies and Poetry (which thankfully were not doing anymore) but they don't seem that good and like they could only get you a 6??? any tips on books that have helped you?? or are the CGP ones good
YorkNotes is amazing!!! highly, highly recommend. I agree tho, the CGP ones are not very good!
xo.lizziee
Rep:
?
(Original post by isobeln)
YorkNotes is amazing!!! highly, highly recommend. I agree tho, the CGP ones are not very good!
thank u!! have u done ur exams yet?
robertktm11
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
hiWhen I write the PEE paragraph, minimum I write 3 and a half page but I still get a grade 3 (GCSE)Any suggestion?
isobeln
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by xo.lizziee)
thank u!! have u done ur exams yet?
no but I use them whenever i do an essay or have to write anything to do with my text to be honest. i got a 9 in my last essay mock and I honestly swear by them
xo.lizziee
Rep:
?
(Original post by robertktm11)
hiWhen I write the PEE paragraph, minimum I write 3 and a half page but I still get a grade 3 (GCSE)Any suggestion?
make sure ur putting the right stuff into the paragraph,, for GCSE your don't wanna be writing PEE paragraphs you don't even really need an acronym... but for each quote here's what you should be including
Technique
Explanation
Effect on the Reader
Context / Link to Themes
Why / Purpose
robertktm11
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Cheers!! Really helpful
username5446306
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Genius lyrics is super helpful for poetry - they have a bunch of in depth annotations for every few lines.
https://genius.com/1270640
Also looking at exemplar answers can be v useful
xo.lizziee
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by Fionaanddonkey)
Genius lyrics is super helpful for poetry - they have a bunch of in depth annotations for every few lines.
https://genius.com/1270640
Also looking at exemplar answers can be v useful
sadly im not doing poetry ;( but would agree looking at exemplar answers is good 4 me (esp for vocab && new ideas)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (59)
37.34%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (16)
10.13%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (8)
5.06%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (37)
23.42%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (24)
15.19%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (14)
8.86%

Watched Threads