The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Odd Senex
I'm PPE, couldn't do law, I've got too many morals :wink:
Defec8t, I have a feeling I met you briefly at interview, perchance you go to PGS?

there was a chap there for ppe from pgs sitting just down the table from me at dinner. I'm going for German and Arabic- seemed to be wearing my big fluffy beige coat most of the time- looked like a used car dealer! i'd stick a mug shot on here if i knew how!

- my typing is awful
Reply 61
Yeah I'm Cara :smile:

So, that would possibly disqualify me from being a "top chap", however I do know two guys who had Music interviews at Catz. Both were Scottish and neither played Trumpet though, so they won't be the guys you met.

:hello: hello to Oxymoron - I have also been hearing great things about you from Helen (also v impressed by the OUTB website sound clips!)

Looking forward to meeting everyone -
Rock on St Catz :biggrin:
Reply 62
defec8ing
there was a chap there for ppe from pgs sitting just down the table from me at dinner. I'm going for German and Arabic- seemed to be wearing my big fluffy beige coat most of the time- looked like a used car dealer! i'd stick a mug shot on here if i knew how!

- my typing is awful

I have a feeling that may be me, but I don't go to PGS. Were you sitting near an irish guy applying for law who didn't like fish?!
Reply 63
Odd Senex
I have a feeling that may be me, but I don't go to PGS. Were you sitting near an irish guy applying for law who didn't like fish?!

Now i remember! you said that Johnny Wilkinson went to your school- I asked if that was PGS- but you go to Lord Wandsworth's...? And yes I was sitting opposite the Irish fish hater- Ryan I think it was!?

Lol this sounds like a strange version of cluedo!
Reply 64
WhatFreshHell?
What subject/original college, Ophelia?

Also, everything looks worse in the rain

Looks worse in all weather conditions if you ask me, lol - NO OFFENCE St. catzidites :rolleyes:

Oxford is Oxford in the end, but god hasn't that architect who designed that place got bad sense of taste? could have had a few more arches, or some sort of old feel to it. It is that, St Catherines really feels out of place in such an old, gothic-like city - anyone agree?

cheers

PK
Reply 65
Phil23
Looks worse in all weather conditions if you ask me, lol - NO OFFENCE St. catzidites :rolleyes:

Oxford is Oxford in the end, but god hasn't that architect who designed that place got bad sense of taste? could have had a few more arches, or some sort of old feel to it. It is that, St Catherines really feels out of place in such an old, gothic-like city - anyone agree?

cheers

PK

I walked round Catz yesterday, for work-dodging (I feel I should eventually look round all colleges properly...) You can't really say it feels out of place, as Oxford really is more than the High Street/Cornmarket to Broad Street/Catte Street rectangle. Catz is next to the SSL, which is next to the English/Law faculties. It doesn't look that out of place, really, especially the newer bit of it.

And come on, the moat's cool.
Reply 66
i suppose it has the benefit of being remote:biggrin: I love remote, isolated places - where there are few people to bother you:smile:
Reply 67
I am thinking of applying for a graduate course at Oxford and was thinking about applying to St Catz. Reading this thread, I saw a vague reference to accomodation that isn't en-suite. Just out of interest is this true? Are there no rooms at St Catz that are en-suite?
Reply 68
As a graduate, I don't think you should have any problem. Why not email one of the MCR committee (addresses on http://mcr.stcatz.ox.ac.uk/MCR/Committee) and ask ? Any of them should be able and happy to answer.
Endymion
I am thinking of applying for a graduate course at Oxford and was thinking about applying to St Catz. Reading this thread, I saw a vague reference to accomodation that isn't en-suite. Just out of interest is this true? Are there no rooms at St Catz that are en-suite?

There are loads of en suite rooms here... I believe all rooms in staircases 17-25 are, and that's well over 200 rooms.

Latest

Trending

Trending