The Student Room Group

Flying Aptitude Test Advice

I intend to become a helicopter pilot in the Royal Navy and I have my FAT booked.

I understand that the test is difficult to revise for because it is looking more at your personal suitability for flying as opposed to academic ability.

I have been advised by pilots to play more video games to improve my hand-eye coordination and to use apps on my phone that give you puzzles etc to improve my congantive ability.

Can anyone offer some more advice on how to improve in the time I have before I take the test?

Many thanks!
Search this forum for ‘CBAT’ there are hundreds of threads including one very recently.
Lots on this mentioned on the Navy forum and on here. Have a read about
Reply 3
Original post by Lillalumpkin
I intend to become a helicopter pilot in the Royal Navy and I have my FAT booked for November xxxxx

I understand that the test is difficult to revise for because it is looking more at your personal suitability for flying as opposed to academic ability.

I have been advised by pilots to play more video games to improve my hand-eye coordination and to use apps on my phone that give you puzzles etc to improve my congantive ability.

Can anyone offer some more advice on how to improve in the time I have before I take the test?

Many thanks!

Please read the forum. Do not post Real Names or Specific Course Dates in this Subforum.

Quick Reply

Latest