The Student Room Group

do you think going to the gym is safe in london right now?

my gym is usually empty when i'm in there. but still, i worry about the risks.

i;m thinking of cancelling but i've spent £50 on joining fee just last week and 55per month.

should i just cancel or is that ott?
My gym is super-packed, up to 100% capacity a lot of the time. I've been for a while now and touchwood I hope there comes no complications. Lifting is a lifestyle and huge enjoyment of mine, and so the risk-reward for me is worth it. It depends on how much it means to you. This pandemic is going to be with us for months, if not till the end of next year. I'm not not going to the gym and losing everything I desire and have worked hard for, and continue to work hard for.

Personally, I don't think the virus is spreading via gyms - it's pubs, unis, and schools which are the main culprits. Although it still probably does, albeit not to the same degree.

You have to assess the risks yourself. I live in an HMO with 3 other young students, and judging by the stats it's a risk I can take. If you live with someone elderly it perhaps might be different.

I personally think a lot of people have already had COVID, and likelihood is many aren't aware they've already developed the antibodies to it.
(edited 3 years ago)
No.
I wouldn't risk it.
Original post by KimmyKim96

i;m thinking of cancelling but i've spent £50 on joining fee just last week and 55per month.

i still wouldnt you can do workouts at home, you can get a one dollar workout app and its just as effective. Stay safe:smile:
Original post by KimmyKim96

Cancel it, that fool Boris has locked the country down from thursday :frown:
Original post by JustAaron10
Cancel it, that fool Boris has locked the country down from thursday :frown:

i dont think thats bad... i mean its helping save people from dying cause some people are to stupid to wear a mask and not spread it
Damn what gym do you go to? £50 joining fee and £55 a month (please don’t tell me it’s gymbox)? Mines was £10 joining fee and like £19 a month. It’s barely full unless it’s the ladies only area.
Reply 7
Original post by ThymeHealer
Damn what gym do you go to? £50 joining fee and £55 a month (please don’t tell me it’s gymbox)? Mines was £10 joining fee and like £19 a month. It’s barely full unless it’s the ladies only area.

nah not gymbox. my gym has a swimming pool, a sauna that i obvs couldn't use, a jacuzzi and classes that have stopped until next year. tbh i only firmed paying bc i enjoy swimming
Hi there, I'm a recent student and I currently work at Jubilee Hall Gym in Covent Garden. We aren't too busy as not many people know about us! We have resumed classes and sauna facilities and all of our members are really conscientious about cleaning their machines, thanks to covid! Feel free to pop in and see what you think. :smile: Also if you are a student still, our membership is £43 a month with no joining fee!

Quick Reply

Latest