The Student Room Group

Tips for Tinder profile at Uni?

Got Tinder a while ago and while I got 13 matches int he first 24h, then I just got 2 in 20 days, even buying Gold.

I want to get back to the dating game but I feel my profile is dragging me bak, as I had to use old photos (1-2 year old) from my Insta account as I did not go out much at all in the past year to focus on academics and I am now in quarantine.

What can I do to maximise my chances of getting matches?

I would say I am around a solid 7, even 7.5/7.75 with the right outfit and skin treatment (I am a male).
Reply 1
I would say don't put too many photos with your friends. Whenever I see a group of friends as a tinder profile pic I just swipe left. Don't include your insta. Take more pics even if you're not going out. Do it in your garden or something. 1-2 years is deffo a long time ago.
Reply 2
Original post by itsyahg
I would say don't put too many photos with your friends. Whenever I see a group of friends as a tinder profile pic I just swipe left. Don't include your insta. Take more pics even if you're not going out. Do it in your garden or something. 1-2 years is deffo a long time ago.

Yeah Ik, thanks for the advice, how about the bio? Shall I include the fact that I am Italian (you can tell from my name as well)? Also, I am not sure whether this is relevant, but I go to Oxford Uni, hence, many people will be from my uni as well, would this impact how shall I present myself?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah Ik, thanks for the advice, how about the bio? Shall I include the fact that I am Italian (you can tell from my name as well)? Also, I am not sure whether this is relevant, but I go to Oxford Uni, hence, many people will be from my uni as well, would this impact how shall I present myself?

Well keep the bio short and sweet don't write too much. You need to stand out so maybe put something that not everyone would put. Maybe a flirtatious line? Yeah you can put the italian flag emoji next to your name if you want. Yes put the uni too so it can be something to start a convo about. No i don't think it would impact how you present yourself.
Reply 4
Original post by itsyahg
Well keep the bio short and sweet don't write too much. You need to stand out so maybe put something that not everyone would put. Maybe a flirtatious line? Yeah you can put the italian flag emoji next to your name if you want. Yes put the uni too so it can be something to start a convo about. No i don't think it would impact how you present yourself.

Great, thank you. I'll buy a boost as well to see If it works.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Great, thank you. I'll buy a boost as well to see If it works.

Good luck! You can PM me if you have anymore questions

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending