The Student Room Group

Forgot my own girlfriends birthday tdlr

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LaEunoianDuque
Everyone forgets sometimes. I doubt the OP intentionally wanted to make her day bad by forgetting. Sometimes an apology is the best you can do, which the OP did. No need to guilt trip him any further.

Lmaooo when did I say that?

I’m not guilt tripping. I gave advice, which in no way said that the OP was a bad person. He knows he messed up and he’s going to try to fix it. That’s all I said. Don’t twist my words :smile:
Thats not how it works.

Everyone forgets sometimes. I doubt the OP intentionally wanted to make her day bad by forgetting. Sometimes an apology is the best you can do, which the OP did. No need to guilt trip him any further.

Sorry and please stop sticking up for me. I appreciate it but I’m in the wrong and I’m a **** head
Original post by Anonymous
I do need to go to hell, I’m a terrible person what normal bf does this

Ok calm down you forgot her birthday you didn't cheat on her. She'll calm down later so don't put yourself down so much. Just remember next time.
I do need to go to hell, I’m a terrible person what normal bf does this

Hey don’t beat yourself up. We all make mistakes. Just show your girlfriend that you’re sorry and I’m sure it’ll work out okay :smile:
Original post by SuperiorPotato
Ok calm down you forgot her birthday you didn't cheat on her. She'll calm down later so don't put yourself down so much. Just remember next time.

No I’m terrible
honestly if i had a bf and he did that to me i would be so mad ngl. I know you had a lot on your mind but forgetting my birthday is not acceptable for me. If she feels the same way as i do she probably won't give you another chance. To be honest.
Original post by pepsimaxcherry
Lmaooo when did I say that?

I’m not guilt tripping. I gave advice, which in no way said that the OP was a bad person. He knows he messed up and he’s going to try to fix it. That’s all I said. Don’t twist my words :smile:

I’m a

Original post by itsyahg
honestly if i had a bf and he did that to me i would be so mad ngl. I know you had a lot on your mind but forgetting my birthday is not acceptable for me. If she feels the same way as i do she probably won't give you another chance. To be honest.

I need to go to hell
No I’m terrible

No you're not that bad seriously some just wouldn't care
Original post by itsyahg

I know it's far from ideal, but it seems a bit excessive to break off a relationship with soneone you "love", just for forgetting your birthday
Original post by SuperiorPotato
No you're not that bad seriously some just wouldn't care

Someone who doesn’t love their bf wouldn’t care but my poor gf was expecting me to be all nice and I’m a **** head ****
I’m a

I need to go to hell

i know you purposely didn't do that but for me anyway birthdays are a very big deal so i wouldn't accept it
Original post by itsyahg
i know you purposely didn't do that but for me anyway birthdays are a very big deal so i wouldn't accept it

Girls are different, maybe a guy wouldn’t mind but girls are more sensitive to this stuff and I should have known but because the dosser I am I forgot
Girls are different, maybe a guy wouldn’t mind but girls are more sensitive to this stuff and I should have known but because the dosser I am I forgot

don't take it so hard on yourself. Just learn your lesson for next time, dont worry about it
Oh calm down. Plenty of people forget birthdays all the time, it doesnt make them disrespectful. Some people just dont make that big of a deal out of them.

Whats wrong with being tired and going straight to bed? The OP didnt say what time of day it was, it could have been 9 pm at night.

Kinda is disrespectful...

Whether or not someone buys you a Bentley for someone's birthday doesn't determine remembering birthdays of loved one's of course its respectful she's not some distantly related cousin, or some celebrity. She's his girlfriend. It isn't the end of the world, if he did forget but kind of is a bummer.
Original post by itsyahg
don't take it so hard on yourself. Just learn your lesson for next time, dont worry about it

But I’m a terrible person and should be ashamed of myself

everyone makes mistakes. You are not a terrible person. You are only a terrible person if you forgot her birthday on purpose. Take it easy. Just explain your situation to her if you can and be fully understanding of her. Then just give her some time. If she can forgive this she'll give you another chance.

you're not, she should come around, I know I'd be upset but hey if you apologised you did what you could to rectify it, she should come around x
Original post by kekedoyouloveme?
Kinda is disrespectful...

Whether or not someone buys you a Bentley for someone's birthday doesn't determine remembering birthdays of loved one's of course its respectful she's not some distantly related cousin, or some celebrity. She's his girlfriend. It isn't the end of the world, if he did forget but kind of is a bummer.

Sure its a bit of a bummer but pepsi's post came across as quite over dramatic. It has nothing to do with respect, some people just dont hold birthdays to the same value others do hence why some people forget more.
Original post by kekedoyouloveme?
you're not, she should come around, I know I'd be upset but hey if you apologised you did what you could to rectify it, she should come around x

Could you be the replacement if she doesn’t forgive me and breaks up
Original post by itsyahg
everyone makes mistakes. You are not a terrible person. You are only a terrible person if you forgot her birthday on purpose. Take it easy. Just explain your situation to her if you can and be fully understanding of her. Then just give her some time. If she can forgive this she'll give you another chance.

She might want to break up with me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending