The Student Room Group

Drama School reputations

Hi, I know the major ones like RADA and LAMDA are held in high regard. What about the Met Film School? I want to focus mainly on screen acting and learning behind the camera techniques. Do agents look favourably on this institution? Would you recommend this school specifically their Screen Acting Course?
Reply 1
Hi :smile: I applied to Met Film School and got a spot on their BA in Screen Acting. Unfortunately I couldn't find many reviews about the course because it's really new :frown: So I'd love to hear anybody's opinion. Have you applied to Met?
(edited 3 years ago)
I don't know anything about the Met Film School, but in regard to how drama schools are percieved by agents and the industry in general, I would say the safer bet would be a member of the Federation of Drama Schools
Reply 3
Original post by ZacharieLenglet
I don't know anything about the Met Film School, but in regard to how drama schools are percieved by agents and the industry in general, I would say the safer bet would be a member of the Federation of Drama Schools

Thanks for your feedback! I've got a recall for East 15 and ArtsEd so I'll focus my attention on those. I'm sure they offer more quality acting training.
From what I could gather, East15 seems to be a very good school. I'm actually applying for their MA Directing. I don't know much about ArtsEd, as they seem to be more Musical Theatre forward, which is not my field of expertise, but I may be wrong
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 5
Oh nice!! Good luck! I applied for their BA in Acting and Stage Combat. Yeah ArtsEd are more musical theatre oriented, although they do offer an acting degree. But the school's main focus is still musical theatre.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending