Turn on thread page Beta

Which CDs did we get for christmas? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekaboo)
    I got Maroon 5[/COLOR]
    SNAP!

I also got Ministy of Sound, but I was loads pleased with the Maroon 5 CD. Both were good tho.

ReputationRep:
    Bad Religion- the empire strikes first
    Mad Caddies- duck and cover
    NOFX- the greatest songs ever written

for what its worth the early blink stuff is pretty good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KidA)
    I've heard of them. They are appaling. Another american blink182 esc. band would piss my off intensly.

There is so much really good music about why do people have to listen to that bilge????

I'm sorry you've heard of them and you already think they're appalling? A little judgemental don't ya think? I'm totally for people liking different types of music - i'm pretty much totally eclectic, and it annoys me when ppl **** music off without a reason - but what's so bad about it? It's got a tune you can hum along to, some funny songs that jus cheer u up and some 1s u can relate to when you're down... what's the problem?

ReputationRep:
    System of a Down - System of a Down
    System of a Down - Toxicity
    Foo Fighters - The Color and the Shape
    Foo Fighters - There Is Nothing Left To Lose
    Metallica - Ride The Lightening
    Metallica - Metallica ("The Black Album)
    Metallica - Master of Puppets
    30 Seconds to Mars - 30 Seconds to Mars
    Pearl Jam - rearviewmirror

ReputationRep:
    Lol wow sum1 loves u.... and u love rock!!

ReputationRep:
    i got
    chritina millians album
    the JZ and linking park one (it is sooooooooo good!)
    nelly- sweat
    ashanti-concrete rose (sooo sooo good!)
    and a cd off my sisters bf whiched he mixted himself

ReputationRep:
    I got:
    Queen:- Live Killers & The Miracle
    Supertramp:- Slow motion & Famous Last Words
    Pink Floyd:- Meddle (Only listened to this one so far, and it's BRILLIANT!)

ReputationRep:
    Maroon 5
    All of queen's greatest hits CD's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekaboo)
    Lol wow sum1 loves u.... and u love rock!!
    I'm lucky as I got a nice new Hifi to play them all on too! And rock/metal = awesomeness.

ReputationRep:
    Talib Kweli - Beautiful Struggle
    Nas - Street Disciple (certainly not an Illmatic but better than a lot of material right now)

ReputationRep:
    Hey i got, Phil collins Love albulm, Britneys Greatest hits, Damien rice O, Il Divo, Jamie cullum!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Nirvana Boxset. Greatest band to ever exist so of course it's gonna be an excellent set. The only stuff I'm not so keen on is some of the covers. They aren't played badly or anything, I just don't like the original versions in the first place. The DVD is great as well. Perhaps abit too much house-gig material where early 90s footage would have made for better viewing, but still great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ynox)
    Bad Religion- the empire strikes first
    Mad Caddies- duck and cover
    NOFX- the greatest songs ever written

for what its worth the early blink stuff is pretty good
    Wow that's great music right there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkShadows08)
    Yeah SimplePlan is really big in the US...Addicted,I'd Do Anything,and Perfect were all big here. I just think they're a terrible band...stupid meaningless lyrics meant to please teenagers. Not to mention the vocals are awful.
    Well, it's not a shocker that their lyrics are terrible. They're not native English-speakers-- they hail from Quebec...the very same province that gave the world Celine Dion... :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KidA)
    I've heard of them. They are appaling. Another american blink182 esc. band would piss my off intensly.

There is so much really good music about why do people have to listen to that bilge????
    Blink 182 = awesome
    Simple Plan = Shite

open your ears

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eurasianfeline)
    I WANT PHANTOM OF THE OPERA (movie) cd!! Wanna see if it'll be as good as the West End one which i'm listening to at this very moment hehe

dying to watch the movie!!
    It's a great movie. I thought I'd hate it as the only time I ever went to the opera, I was almost suffering of boredom but this film is just so mysterious, dark and beautifully filmed... I just loved the atmosphere that reigned during the whole movie and it's pretty sad too. As it's a musical, you have to expect singing but unlike cheesy musicals like Grease or Chicago, people don't start when they're halfway through a sandwich and the singing adds more to the drama and the emotion than anything else. Just beautiful stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    I would be, if they weren't so incompetent when it comes to producing music.
    Incompetent but they produced the rock track of the year a few years back with Crawling In the Dark. No contenders there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychic_satori)
    Well, it's not a shocker that their lyrics are terrible. They're not native English-speakers-- they hail from Quebec...the very same province that gave the world Celine Dion... :mad:
    Yes they're total **** but they're from Montreal, where 15% of the population don't speak any French at all and only speak English. Artists such as Leonard Cohen (one of the greatest songwriters ever), Rufus Wainwright, Sam Roberts, the Stills and what a great way to introduce one of the cds I bought myself for Christmas:

The Dears - No Cities Left Beautiful album, excessively melancholic and Murray Lightburn sounds like Morrissey a lot of the time but sounds ten times better and yes the band's from Montreal.

Pedro the Lion - Achille's Hell. I'm an old fan of this indie songwriter. Not his best album but 'Bands with Managers' has to be heard (download?).

Thinking of getting the Warpvision dvd which has about 30 (very very weird) videos of Warp artists like Aphex Twin and Autechre.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.