Leo_gyp
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Can some please mark my answer as I’m self studying for my Autumn exam.

Choose either an earthquake or a volcanic eruption.
Assess the extent to which primary effects are more significant than secondary effects. Use Figure 5a or 5b and an example you have studied.
Chosen tectonic hazard:
[9 marks] [+ 3 SPaG marks]

My answer:
Both primary and secondary effects are significant and catastrophic, however to a certain extent primary is much more significant than secondary effect, in a country called Kashmir Pakistan. In Pakistan Kashmir, around 80000 death occurred with most of the death related to collapsed infrastructure and falling debris’s. Tens and thousands of people were injured. Around 3 million people were made homeless and on top of that water supplies and electricity lines were broken reducing supplies and communication network. All of these happen straight after the disaster. However secondary effect is still significant but not much as primary effect as primary caused more casualties straight after the earthquake. As secondary effect freezing winter conditions were approaching shortly after the earthquake which caused more casualties which also meant rescue and rebuild operation were difficult like the photo in figure 5a. Destroyed and crumbled building meant that roads and pathways was blocked meaning emergency services and help rescue teams found it difficult. So in conclusion both primary and secondary effects are devastating and significant, however primary effect is much significant as it happened all of a sudden without any warning.
hanlouisesampson
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
https://ockbrooksch-my.sharepoint.co...5PNAA?e=iFNFaE
Leo_gyp
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello, sorry when u click the link it says something went wrong
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (700)
33.9%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (881)
42.66%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (392)
18.98%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (92)
4.46%

Watched Threads