student14718
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Is it possible/ will it be frowned upon to do the autumn AND summer a level resits? I’m so confused at the moment as the information on this is unclear.

Is it true that if one were to do the autumn exams they would count as a first sitting but doing the summer ones after the autumn ones they would count as resits?
^ this is what i’ve heard but i don’t understand this as you get to choose your grades (CAGs or autumn) anyway so how would the summer exams be counted resits if the autumn ones were taken as well?

Sorry if that was really long winded
ConfusdStudentt
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by student14718)
Is it possible/ will it be frowned upon to do the autumn AND summer a level resits? I’m so confused at the moment as the information on this is unclear.

Is it true that if one were to do the autumn exams they would count as a first sitting but doing the summer ones after the autumn ones they would count as resits?
^ this is what i’ve heard but i don’t understand this as you get to choose your grades (CAGs or autumn) anyway so how would the summer exams be counted resits if the autumn ones were taken as well?

Hey from what i heard, if u take the October exam, the exam will be free, and u will get to choose if u want to keep ur CAG or if u want ur exam grade (u basically get to keep the highest grade). However, from what ive heard from my teachers, if u take the summer exam, u have to pay for it (this is probably different for every skl etc). And also, i dont know if u get the ability to choose ur best grade if u take the summer exam, since apparently the summer exam is considered a "retake" regardless of if u did the exam in october too (whereas the october exam is not considered a retake). My school doesnt allow u to take the october AND summer exam, but that probably depends on ur skl, so the best thing id do is probably ask ur head of year in ur skl, send them an email about it goodluck with everything, hope it goes well!
ConfusdStudentt
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by student14718)

Also to answer ur question about whether it will be frowned upon, i think that depends mainly on the Uni u apply to and the course u apply for. I heard that for Medicine and possibly Dentistry, a retake is slightly frowned upon, however some unis accept it. Depends on the course and uni i believe, u can always contact the admissions team for the unis ur applying to
007eric
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
With the pandemic and all I dont think it will be frowned upon, the unis should be understandable.
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
The October season is a one off for this year:

• your original centre is required to let you sit it
  • it's free
  • there's no coursework involved
  • it's not a re-sit and
  • you can pick the better grade from this and your Summer CAG.

The Summer season is as normal - if you already have grades then

• your original centre may not let you sit it there - many don't accept private candidates, even former students
  • you have to pay
  • For most subjects with NEA you will have to complete NEA
  • It is a re-sit
  • You will land up with both grades - your 2020 one and your 2021 one and have to declare both to UCAS.

On the upside, the majority of universities aren't that bothered about people re-sitting and are likely to be even less bothered in the current circumstances.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (78)
16.46%
No one else does (142)
29.96%
I'm embarrassed about my background (55)
11.6%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (167)
35.23%
We don't use a video platform (8)
1.69%
I don't have a camera (11)
2.32%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (13)
2.74%

Watched Threads