Listening to an artist I don’t like

Watch
Moonlight rain
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I want to listen to this singers music because I really really love it but he’s a pretty trash person so I don’t wanna view his music and put money in his pockets. Would listening to like nightcore or slowed versions prevent that? Would listening to his music from a different youtube channel prevent it
Last edited by Moonlight rain; 8 months ago
Moonlight rain
Rep:
?
Bump
The Weeknd.
Report 8 months ago
Bump x2
(Sorry I have no idea but I want to know as well)
rxyaltyx
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Bump x3 (I also don't know)
Rufus the red
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Bump x4 (there are 3 bumps what'll another do.)
The Weeknd.
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Rufus the red)
Bump x5 (it'll bump the thread)
Rufus the red
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Hellohsjakodsmka)
Bump x5 (it'll bump the thread)
Bump x6 (fair enough)
The Weeknd.
Report 8 months ago
Bump x6 (fair enough)
Bump x7 (I don't know what to say here so just pretend I said something funny)
Moonlight rain
Rep:
?
Bump x2
(Sorry I have no idea but I want to know as well)
(Original post by rxyaltyx)
Bump x3 (I also don't know)
Thank you guys 🥺🌹 this is heartwarming.
Rufus the red
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Bump x7 (I don't know what to say here so just pretend I said something funny)
Bump x8 (I would insult you for not putting enough effort in but I can't be bothered)
rxyaltyx
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
bump x9 (because why not??)
Foxehh
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Not sure about it but I doubt your single view of a nightcore ( or even the official audio for that matter ) is going to put much money in their pocket :lol:
Just listen to the music. You are supporting that, not the person or their actions.
Last edited by Foxehh; 8 months ago
The Weeknd.
Report 8 months ago
Bump x8 (I would insult you for not putting enough effort in but I can't be bothered)
Bump x10 (okay I should go and revise now)

(Original post by Moonlight rain)
Thank you guys 🥺🌹 this is heartwarming.
Prsom 🥰
MidgetFever
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Honestly, I can admit that some of the artist/bands I listen to have done some really questionable and controversial things but that doesn't mean you can't appreciate the music.

Sometimes the art has to be separated from the artist and there's no shame in liking the music for what it is. Listening to their music on Youtube as long as it isn't the official channel should be fine though, as they won't make any money directly from it.
Moonlight rain
Rep:
?
(Original post by MidgetFever)
Honestly, I can admit that some of the artist/bands I listen to have done some really questionable and controversial things but that doesn't mean you can't appreciate the music.

Sometimes the art has to be separated from the artist and there's no shame in liking the music for what it is. Listening to their music on Youtube as long as it isn't the official channel should be fine though, as they won't make any money directly from it.
Yeah I know but that would mean I’m supporting him by putting money in his bank account. And I don’t wanna do that.

That’s great, thank you!!!!
Moonlight rain
Rep:
?
(Original post by LovelyMrFox)
Not sure about it but I doubt your single view of a nightcore ( or even the official audio for that matter ) is going to put much money in their pocket :lol:
Just listen to the music. You are supporting that, not the person or their actions.
No it means I’m supporting them by giving them money. And I used listen to their music 50x a day.
username5038250
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Bump
Foxehh
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Moonlight rain)
No it means I’m supporting them by giving them money. And I used listen to their music 50x a day.
They're already rich beyond any imaginable sum. 1 time a day or 50, you are really not putting too much of a dent in their salary.
Moonlight rain
Rep:
?
(Original post by LovelyMrFox)
They're already rich beyond any imaginable sum. 1 time a day or 50, you are really not putting too much of a dent in their salary.
Don’t wanna risk it. But I can listen to it now just not on his channel. So I’ve now added 45 of his songs back to my phone. Mission completed
Last edited by Moonlight rain; 8 months ago
Zain_Ahmed
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
well if you honestly hate the guy, I would copy the link of the Youtube vid, can do this by right clicking on pc or long pressing on phone. Then search in google youtube to mp3 converter. convert the link and then it will give you an option to download it. DISCLAMER: this method can involve Explicit pop-ups and dont click allow if they want to send you notifs. Other than that is the best option.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (191)
43.81%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (49)
11.24%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (34)
7.8%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (91)
20.87%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (46)
10.55%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise