The Student Room Group

i really don't like my family :/

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hamz.at
your views clearly do not indicate, that you have the same culture as me or even the thread starter, so move.

Unfortunately, you obviously have a very narrow mindset and seem incapable or unwilling to understand that people will live through different situations and have different experiences to you. You are implying that very Asian person has the same experience as you and is unable to express any other view point.
Also, Asia is a huge continent with multiple cultures so again, very poor insight from you. I don’t think OP ever confirmed she was from the same race or culture as you, so perhaps you should take your own advice and “move”.
Original post by hamz.at
your views clearly do not indicate, that you have the same culture as me or even the thread starter, so move.

i get what you mean with the culture thing but as everyone else has said, you don't know my situation
culture doesn't mean anything
Reply 42
Original post by hamz.at

okay, I'm an Asian and here's a two cents.

I'd hate to be a girl or an unmarried woman who is 30 years or older and be a part of Asian 'culture'.
Theres a lot of trying to please others 'coz its culture' and protecting people at all costs even if they do something bad because 'imagine if our community found out'

Asian families can be quite liberal, others can be downright toxic
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by tan030
okay, I'm an Asian and here's a two cents.

I'd hate to be a girl or an unmarried woman who is 30 years or older and be a part of Asian 'culture'.
Theres a lot of trying to please others 'coz its culture' and protecting people at all costs even if they do something bad because 'imagine if our community found out'

Asian families can be quite liberal, others can be downright toxic

This is irrelevant.
Original post by khadijaaaxxxx
i get what you mean with the culture thing but as everyone else has said, you don't know my situation
culture doesn't mean anything

Then describe your situation darling.
I have been reported by people on this thread, even when I have not insulted a single one of them, they called me a racist pig and somehow my posts were declined. I did not cuss or swear and somehow TSR removed my posts.

Culture does have a hand. People from other cultures won't understand generally.
Reply 45
*you're
i knew someone would mention my age, what does that have to do with anything?

It has plenty to do with your age. At 13 years old its quite a big step to be deciding major decisions ( such as cutting your entire family off ) that are going to be for years later.
Not to mention most 13 year olds hate their parents, its a teenager thing. Not many actually end up cutting them off.
If something really is going on though Im sorry :console:
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by LovelyMrFox
It has plenty to do with your age. At 13 years old its quite a big step to be deciding major decisions ( such as cutting your entire family off ) that are going to be for years later.
Not to mention most 13 year olds hate their parents, its a teenager thing. Not many actually end up cutting them off.

@khadijaaaxxxx you're 13 years old??:gasp: U have hardly seen the real world yet, and you're making these naiive decisions ( no offense).
Original post by hamz.at
Then describe your situation darling.
I have been reported by people on this thread, even when I have not insulted a single one of them, they called me a racist pig and somehow my posts were declined. I did not cuss or swear and somehow TSR removed my posts.

Culture does have a hand. People from other cultures won't understand generally.

Chubkar.
Original post by hamz.at
your just a teenager thats why :indiff:

It’s bold to assume that teenage years are the cause of her emotions towards her parents. You don’t know whether something has happened between them which is the root cause of the issues. Or maybe the parents are just a**holes haha

they just affect my mental health so much and it's gonna make me lose it eventually :/

Do whatever you need to feel better, girl. Nobody has a right to blame you if you dislike your parents x
:console:
ur running ur mouth. pipe down.
Original post by Moonlight rain
It has nothing to do with culture. Do you know every single asian person, no you don’t. It’s not a culture thing, it’s an individual thing. Be grateful that you have a family who you can trust and make you happy. Not everyone has that. Some people get abused by their family that can cause severe long term mental health issues so stop being so ignorant and understand that. You can’t talk for everyone else. And no one should have to settle for people that don’t make them happy. And having self respect for yourself means acting “white”? Wtf

shes 13 give me a break. she doesnt even know what the differentiation of x^2 is, and shes acting like her life is over and she wants to cut her family off. U snowflakes have become too liberal.
Original post by hamz.at
shes 13 give me a break. she doesnt even know what the differentiation of x^2 is, and shes acting like her life is over and she wants to cut her family off. U snowflakes have become too liberal.

She is 13 and what difference does that make? Whether she is making a harsh verdict or not is not something you or I know so I think we should just take what she is saying as the truth unless we can disprove it and not get so vitriolic.
Whether she knows what the differentiation of x^2 makes no difference as to what she thinks about her situation. She has lived with them for 13 years (I assume so at least) and should know more about them than you do.
She has never said anything that indicates that she feels that her life is over in this thread she has just said in a straightforward way that she dislikes her family and wants to cut them off when she leaves home. Nothing she has said has been dramatic in tone.
I don't think that it's too liberal to agree with her wanting to not contact her parents once she has moved out. I think it's too conservative to discount her opinion because of her ethnicity and her age.
Original post by hamz.at

stop getting rude, you know absolutely nothing about my situation at all. who do you think you are?

Original post by Rufus the red
She is 13 and what difference does that make? Whether she is making a harsh verdict or not is not something you or I know so I think we should just take what she is saying as the truth unless we can disprove it and not get so vitriolic.
Whether she knows what the differentiation of x^2 makes no difference as to what she thinks about her situation. She has lived with them for 13 years (I assume so at least) and should know more about them than you do.
She has never said anything that indicates that she feels that her life is over in this thread she has just said in a straightforward way that she dislikes her family and wants to cut them off when she leaves home. Nothing she has said has been dramatic in tone.
I don't think that it's too liberal to agree with her wanting to not contact her parents once she has moved out. I think it's too conservative to discount her opinion because of her ethnicity and her age.

:hugs:
Original post by Moonlight rain
It has nothing to do with culture. Do you know every single asian person, no you don’t. It’s not a culture thing, it’s an individual thing. Be grateful that you have a family who you can trust and make you happy. Not everyone has that. Some people get abused by their family that can cause severe long term mental health issues so stop being so ignorant and understand that. You can’t talk for everyone else. And no one should have to settle for people that don’t make them happy. And having self respect for yourself means acting “white”? Wtf

Some aspects of parenting is based on culture for the majority, not all parents tho coming from an asian.
stop getting rude, you know absolutely nothing about my situation at all. who do you think you are?

:hugs:

ur 13 go play minecraft, why u crying to a bunch of snowflakes who cant comprehend that ur just 13, a baby pretty much, and ur chatting already about cutting off ur family. did ur fam tell u off for leaving a mess, and now u want to cut them off.
as bad as it sounds, i just don't for multiple reasons :/

I have a sibling I hate. We were supposed to be moving out soon like splitting up as a family because the arguments were getting too much and they were often. We were going to buy another house and everything it would have been so good to have 2 houses to go to and just this *****y arguments to happen. But my younger sibling was being a baby crying about splitting up so what had happened now is we are not doing it we are staying as normal and I’m so ****ing pissed off. This exact thing has happened 5 years ago when we are going to do this but my siblings ruined it but this time it was only 1 of them who did it and it’s just back to ****ing square one. I was so excited to move house and be separated because I like the idea of being separate. It’s now ****ing ruined and I don’t think I want to forgive my sibling for this. My older sibling grew up and actually was happy about it and so was everyone else apart from this **** sibling. We went to have a viewing of a house as well and it was actually so nice.
Original post by hamz.at
ur 13 go play minecraft, why u crying to a bunch of snowflakes who cant comprehend that ur just 13, a baby pretty much, and ur chatting already about cutting off ur family. did ur fam tell u off for leaving a mess, and now u want to cut them off.

Okay scrap metal, thank you for your input. You seem very mature taking a knock at a 13 year old. You also must be sherlock to deduct her circumstances.
Original post by hamz.at

All I'll say is that if you are always like this I'm surprised you managed to reach 4 gems.
you honestly have the maturity of a 10 year old
**** off

Would Donald Trump be a good parallel to draw, Mr Biden?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending