Need opinions ASAP - really important

Watch
Insane1
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Im currently predicted A*A*D, yes that is not a distinction, but a D in an A-level. this is based off my essays from 7 months ago. I have completed 10+ grade A essays (marked by tutors) but my teacher refuses to mark them as she says she is too busy, we are also not set any essay questions in class. Considering we are likely to be given predicted grades what should I do?? if she refuses to mark my essays I'm kind of backed into a corner here. Also the subject is history just for context.
Tello
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Insane1)
Im currently predicted A*A*D, yes that is not a distinction, but a D in an A-level. this is based off my essays from 7 months ago. I have completed 10+ grade A essays (marked by tutors) but my teacher refuses to mark them as she says she is too busy, we are also not set any essay questions in class. Considering we are likely to be given predicted grades what should I do?? if she refuses to mark my essays I'm kind of backed into a corner here. Also the subject is history just for context.
go see higher authority - head of year/principle
Lazarevic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Your teacher sounds ridiculous. Go to the head of history or head of your sixth form. What is your history prediction based on?
Insane1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tello)
go see higher authority - head of year/principle
I would but i feel like since she is the one that decides my prediction, getting on her bad side sounds like a poor choice.

Should I just email all my essays to her anyway? and if lockdown happens I can say this and they will moderate them, and base my grade off that?
Last edited by Insane1; 3 months ago
Tello
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I would but i feel like since she is the one that decides my prediction, getting on her bad side sounds like a poor choice.

Should I just email all my essays to her anyway? and if lockdown happens I can say this and they will moderate them, and base my grade off that?
Yes email her, but I would still go see higher teaching staff that's what they are there for
username5414076
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Agree with what you other people have said you're teacher's bonkers
Insane1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tello)
Yes email her, but I would still go see higher teaching staff that's what they are there for
Sorry to ask so many questions but its stressing me out atm. If I have evidence of all my essays and that my teacher wouldn't mark them, if we go into lockdown could I use that to appeal the grade? I'm asking as if your Gavin Williamson, but I thought it better to ask than guess
Insane1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lazarevic)
Your teacher sounds ridiculous. Go to the head of history or head of your sixth form. What is your history prediction based on?
Based on essays from 7 months ago, which the only feedback I got on any of them was the generic band sheets that say like "a band 5 answer would include, strong knowledge, relevant quotes" nothing was actually marked directly by her. I've been tutored and improved so much since then and asked her so many times to mark my essays but she refuses and says shes very busy.

Although it turns out today many parents complained and she actually either quit or was fired, we weren't told. So, in the end, I didn't need to do anything. but I'm really unsure how we are going to get our predictions, or get a new teacher in time?
Lazarevic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Based on essays from 7 months ago, which the only feedback I got on any of them was the generic band sheets that say like "a band 5 answer would include, strong knowledge, relevant quotes" nothing was actually marked directly by her. I've been tutored and improved so much since then and asked her so many times to mark my essays but she refuses and says shes very busy.

Although it turns out today many parents complained and she actually either quit or was fired, we weren't told. So, in the end, I didn't need to do anything. but I'm really unsure how we are going to get our predictions, or get a new teacher in time?
At least she’s been replaced. I’d get in touch with your new teacher ASAP about your predicted grade though. If you go to a grammar school they do tend to mark down in the early stages of a levels so that really shouldn’t factor into your prediction. Hopefully you’ll get it sorted with your new teacher
Callicious
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Go to higher power, problem solved. If she gives you an unfair prediction, go to a higher power again.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (284)
56.35%
I don't have everything I need (220)
43.65%

Watched Threads