The Student Room Group

Nottingham v Bristol v Liverpool for vet med?

Has anybody got any experiences at either Nottingham, Bristol or Liverpool studying vet med?
I like Nottingham because of the option of bringing my horse with me, and I’ve heard the course is a lot more practical and hands on than some other universities. However I know that Liverpool is good for equine vet studies because of Leahurst, and living in the city to get the ‘full’ uni experience is something that appeals to me.
Because of Covid I haven’t been able to go to visit any of the universities which obviously makes it much more difficult, I’ve done online virtual tours/open days but it’s still not the same as visiting the place itself.
Thanks 😊
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
Bump
Original post by Tayy503
Bump

Hi, ive moved this from the Nottingham forum to the Vet med forum, hopefully you'll get more responses here.

I dont know much about veterinary but my impression is your unlikely to get offers from all 3 so an element of the decision might get made this way regardless.
Original post by Tayy503
Has anybody got any experiences at either Nottingham, Bristol or Liverpool studying vet med?
I like Nottingham because of the option of bringing my horse with me, and I’ve heard the course is a lot more practical and hands on than some other universities. However I know that Liverpool is good for equine vet studies because of Leahurst, and living in the city to get the ‘full’ uni experience is something that appeals to me.
Because of Covid I haven’t been able to go to visit any of the universities which obviously makes it much more difficult, I’ve done online virtual tours/open days but it’s still not the same as visiting the place itself.
Thanks 😊

My advice is apply for the 4 that you think you have the best chance of getting an offer from and don't worry about which one to accept until you have the offer(s) in the bag.
I am a current Liverpool student and in pre-corona times have visited Nottingham quite a bit for friends and events

Both are great vet schools - personally (unsurprisingly) I think Liverpool is best (applied and got offers from both) hence I chose Liv but both are cracking vet schools in their own right.

As above the competition of places and dedication required for vet school means your 4 main places should be used applying to vet schools.

Liverpool you spend 3 years in the city before moving across to Leahurst. I know people who had horses at yards whilst they were within Liverpool but it was a lot of hassle having to go visit them everyday as it was a fair distance. Once you are in Leahurst there are plenty of yards around locally you could keep your horse in. Nottingham I think subject to numbers applying and horse temperament you can keep your horse at the vet school but it is used in pre-clinical teaching/handling.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending