The Student Room Group

EPQ topic- history/politics/economics

I'm really struggling to finalise my thoughts on an EPQ topic. My current working title is considering the likelihood of another US civil war in the next x years but I feel this is a relatively basic question that could be too wide.

Another area I have considered is the ethics of social media CEOs or the idea that school produces employees.

I would like it to be on the topic of history, politics and/or economics as these are my main interests. Would really appreciate any advice or any potential ideas?

Please and thank you x
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by roseabates
I'm really struggling to finalise my thoughts on an EPQ topic. My current working title is considering the likelihood of another US civil war in the next x years but I feel this is a relatively basic question that could be too wide.

Another area I have considered is the ethics of social media CEOs or the idea that school produces employees.

I would like it to be on the topic of history, politics and/or economics as these are my main interests. Would really appreciate any advice or any potential ideas?

Please and thank you x

You can get A* with just about any totle but some are more interesting than others.
I would suggest picking one that is relevant to your chosen degree. The civil war one I am not keen on, unless you took it seriously and showed mastery of your subject. There is no suggestion of a civil war between states imo.

I think its a mistake to try and decide the title until you have done preliminary research of about 30 articles and just read what the issues are and making a list of things that would interest you in investigation and fit 5000 words.

When you have a list of about ten then read some more on each subject to try and find your top threee areas and then do an essay plan on 1 page as to what you might like to cover. You also need to check theres enough research. See if any of those 3 is your favourite and go for a detailed 2-3 page essay plan as to how you might write 5000 words.

Quick Reply

Latest