Canoncactus
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Is anyone just so DONE with COVID-19? I opened up my journal the other day and on the first Thursday of April 2020, I wrote that lockdown was only going to be three weeks. That three weeks ended up being like six months! Lockdown really put a strain on my mental health, I definitely went on a rollercoaster of emotions (some say, coronacoaster). Everything seemed to be slowly going back to 'normal' in August but of course, everywhere is going back into local lockdowns. I am in the North East of England so currently, in a local lockdown, I live at home but can't see my boyfriend. I started university but I can't even make friends because we are only in once a week and when we are we have to social distance and wear masks. We can't mingle after lessons. I was basically done with it halfway through lockdown but I'm just so tired that this is ongoing and the government don't care. It feels as though this is going to last forever and ever. I just want to make friends and see my boyfriend. Will COVID-19 ever go away?!
Canoncactus
Rep:
?
(Original post by 5hyl33n)
No offence, but seeing your boyfriend is not the most important thing...
Yes I, of course, know that. It's not the end of the world and we can facetime. I am just ranting in general about how tired I am of all of this and that I feel as though it is neverending. I know people are suffering worse and I am in a privileged position but I was just having a rant. If you need to say no offence then maybe just don't say it at all. I know you may be going through something and I am sorry if you are but at least try to be kind, even over the internet...
Xarao
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It was pretty much common sense that university was going to be online, so you can't really complain about the social aspect of university when you could've just deferred.
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Canoncactus)
...Will COVID-19 ever go away?!
"Ever" is a strong word. It will go away at some point, we just don't know when.

I can understand how hard it must be for everyone though. April seems like a lifetime away.

The only hope (at the moment, it seems) is a vaccine that works - we don't have that yet.
Clarety
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Is anyone just so DONE with COVID-19? I opened up my journal the other day and on the first Thursday of April 2020, I wrote that lockdown was only going to be three weeks. That three weeks ended up being like six months! Lockdown really put a strain on my mental health, I definitely went on a rollercoaster of emotions (some say, coronacoaster). Everything seemed to be slowly going back to 'normal' in August but of course, everywhere is going back into local lockdowns. I am in the North East of England so currently, in a local lockdown, I live at home but can't see my boyfriend. I started university but I can't even make friends because we are only in once a week and when we are we have to social distance and wear masks. We can't mingle after lessons. I was basically done with it halfway through lockdown but I'm just so tired that this is ongoing and the government don't care. It feels as though this is going to last forever and ever. I just want to make friends and see my boyfriend. Will COVID-19 ever go away?!
I feel exactly the same way and I'm hoping that once this vaccine is available things can be better
LovelyMrFox
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes it will go away at some point. Were just not sure when that will be, nobody here has a crystal ball.
Rather than focusing on getting out of the situation why dont you focus on how to make it better for the current moment?
Canoncactus
Rep:
?
(Original post by Xarao)
It was pretty much common sense that university was going to be online, so you can't really complain about the social aspect of university when you could've just deferred.
If I deferred I wouldn't have anything to do. I have no work and have been applying for part time roles and full-time roles since January and in these times it is even harder to have a job. I know it was going to be online. Like I said in the comment above I was just having a rant.

I was hoping to find people who would relate to the subject, not people to argue against it. I'm just tired of it all. Can you people not be kind about it? Just because the comment above was negative doesn't mean you have to add to it.
Canoncactus
Rep:
?
I will no longer be responding to this thread. I honestly started it because I'm feeling tired of the situation. I was hoping for a bit of positivity not negativity in response. Sorry, it came across so idiotic and sorry you people can't be nice. This thread helped me feel a lot better. Thank you.
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I will no longer be responding to this thread. I honestly started it because I'm feeling tired of the situation. I was hoping for a bit of positivity not negativity in response. Sorry, it came across so idiotic and sorry you people can't be nice. This thread helped me feel a lot better. Thank you.
:console:

I hope it gets better for you soon.

If you want to talk about your mental health feel free to go to https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=659
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
man i thought COVID 18 was a pain in the ass...
HardWork101
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I remember in like May I was like okay covid we get it can u go away. Now I’m hearing ppl say I can’t wait till 2021 as if that’s gonna change anything
21ForEva
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by HardWork101)
I remember in like May I was like okay covid we get it can u go away. Now I’m hearing ppl say I can’t wait till 2021 as if that’s gonna change anything
I think it's cuz people are hoping a vaccine will be made by 2021 (not sure when during 2021 though) and winter will be over by Jan/Feb -- winter's the worst period for covid.
pepsimaxcherry
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Don’t listen to the negative people!

Lockdown has been hard on everyone for different reasons! Everyone has lost out on something, whether that be something big or small. Your feelings are totally valid.

Some people lost more than others but even for those who can’t do something small like see their partner, it takes a huge toll!

We shouldn’t judge each other for struggling with things. Instead we should help support each other.

I’m sorry some people hated on your thread. Just know your feelings are valid!
josie71202
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
everyone hates COVID - 19 it's a pain
sorry about your mental health hope you feel better
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (91)
28%
No - I have already returned home (43)
13.23%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (62)
19.08%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (32)
9.85%
No - I live at home during term anyway (97)
29.85%

Watched Threads