Kenz8473202
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am really struggling with these calculations. Could someone please explain with step by step workings. Thanks
True or False:
a) There are 1.2045 x 10^24 potassium ions in 100g of potassium hydrogencarbonate
b) There are 15 moles of chloride ions in a mixture of 3 moles of magnesium chloride and 3 moles of iron (III) chloride
c) 9.11g of osmium contain the same number of atoms as there in 3.6g of phosphorus molecules (P4)
Last edited by Kenz8473202; 1 month ago
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It easy to find the formula and molar mass of these compounds on line. That weight = 6 x 10^23 molecules of the compound and that amount times the number of individual atoms in the compound which you get from the formula. It’s then just some simple and dull calculations to work our the true or false in each case
Kenz8473202
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Zarek)
It easy to find the formula and molar mass of these compounds on line. That weight = 6 x 10^23 molecules of the compound and that amount times the number of individual atoms in the compound which you get from the formula. It’s then just some simple and dull calculations to work our the true or false in each case
Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (738)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (928)
42.69%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (413)
19%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (95)
4.37%

Watched Threads