The Student Room Group

How important is mandatory work? - I am a student nurse- First year

I have attended my mandatory training. I have been given mandatory work to complete before my actual lectures on the 14th. I am wondering how important the mandatory work is. Like is it something that i need to revise and will be tested on...?

Mandatory includes: first aid, personal safety, bodily fluids and more
Reply 1
The stuff you've listed is kind of useful to know as a nurse. If it wasn't useful/necessary, the uni wouldn't have put it as mandatory work...
Original post by keeleigh mcleod
I have attended my mandatory training. I have been given mandatory work to complete before my actual lectures on the 14th. I am wondering how important the mandatory work is. Like is it something that i need to revise and will be tested on...?

Mandatory includes: first aid, personal safety, bodily fluids and more

A lot of sessions build on the work you are expected to do prior to them, this is more relevant now with delivery of courses in a covid 19 world with teaching being delivered using a blended strategy. Its possible you will end up behind your peers in the session if you've not done the work that was expected of you prior to attending the session.
Reply 3
its stuff your going to have to do. even when qualified. your not facing serious testing.
Reply 4
Yes, mandatory means that you have to do it. It would've been listed as optional otherwise. This is a common thing in University - you're expected to know a little about the content of the lecture before you get there so that you are familiar and able to catch up with the lecture. It's not like school where the teachers spoon-feed you. Also, the things you've listed sound like really important aspects of being a nurse so you should be learning about them anyway
Original post by moonkatt
A lot of sessions build on the work you are expected to do prior to them, this is more relevant now with delivery of courses in a covid 19 world with teaching being delivered using a blended strategy. Its possible you will end up behind your peers in the session if you've not done the work that was expected of you prior to attending the session.

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending