Brampton Manor, LAE or Harris Westminster

Watch
certi_db
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
If anyone here goes to Brampton Manor, London Academy of Excellence or Harris Westminster I have a few questions for you:
What’s the school like? (teachers, students, or in general)
Is the workload a lot?
What’s the environment like? (competitive, friendly, etc)
What were the interviews like to get in?
And how do you feel about the school?

Sorry for so many questions, I’m thinking of applying and hopefully going to one of these three but I wanted to hear how the school is from a students point of view, rather than from an open evening
GintokiS
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Go to LAE or Brampton Manor, Harris Westminster isn't as good as them
gcse20212004
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
why is Hw not as good?
GintokiS
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don't know but people I know went there and said harris westminster's building wasn't good and really didn't fit in. But you can check it out
ZR2002
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
hi- I am currently attending LAE and am taking Biology, chemistry, maths and further maths. I really like LAE, obviously everyone has different preferences but I think it is a great school. I really like the school- there is a real sense of community and the teachers are great. All my teachers are really passionate about their subjects and i have a doctor in resident teaching me for most of them (I have two teachers for each subject). I'm not going to say the workload is small- the jump from GCSE to A level is huge as I am sure you've been told but as long as you put in the work and the effort you will be fine. If you are applying to a school like LAE you should expect the workload to be big as the teachers want to push you and set you up as well as possible for life. The environment is really chill- like there is friendly competition but i found it really easy to make friends and its not too stressful as LAE really puts emphasis on pastoral care. Regarding interviews, I had mine but due to COVID they decided to not factor them in as not everyone was able to have an interview. I stressed way too much about mine but it was not that bad- if you want tips on how to do well just let me know
I think if you have a good work ethic and want to go to a school full of like minded people and teachers who push and challenge you, LAE is the perfect school for you, they work us hard but there is also so much support.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (665)
33.57%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (843)
42.55%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (384)
19.38%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (89)
4.49%

Watched Threads