The Student Room Group

I need your opinion on this please

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Ackhnologia
Oh
Really?
My post was not complete, I just edited it?
But could you develop a bit?

Like post 10 said its generally a phase for girls who are interested in 'bad guys' err whatever else. You basically hit the nail on the head, its a mix of all of what you suggested.
I must ask though, in your OP you mentioned something about .5% of a woman? Are you chopping them in half and then asking? :rofl:
Original post by 5hyl33n
Haha, don't worry, you didn't upset me! :hugs:

You just asked lots of questions and my answer to all of them was yes.

I am a girl. :yes:

Oh
Thank you
Really thought you were upset
Oh okay
So it means that those questions are the reasons why some women are attracted to bad guys?
Original post by PewNews
Meh it's just a phase. It usually happens when people read too much wattpad stories. Which I am not guilty of.

So for you it is normal that some women act like that?
Like they read wattpad stories so that is why?
Original post by SuperiorPotato
Not girls are like this just saying

I guess nice guys play it safe and don't make a move so they get friend zoned easily

Oh
So it means if nice guys made a move they would be accepted? And not be rejected?
And the reason they get rejected is because they do not make a move and not because they are nice?
Original post by Anonymous
It depends I know a lot of my other friends like the bad boys and are usually attracted to them, I guess it’s the dominance and authority they show. A lot of girls find guys who initiate stuff more attractive, I personally don’t, I like wholesome guys who can be vulnerable and be strong when required, someone who I can mess around with like a friend.

Oh well
I get it
So because they show dominance and authority, those girls are attracted to them? Even if they treat those girls like trash?

Oh well you are one of those special women who at least seem not to be attracted to those guys.

Original post by Anonymous
We are conditioned to care and nurture all our lives, then when women want to protect and save the bad guy from himself people act all confused and shocked.
Luckily, girls aren't brought up to be such push overs anymore, so less women will put up with that bs behaviour.

Sorry
You say that but most men feel like it is not really the case
Like there are more and more women who pursue that kind of guy
Original post by Archie672
As a bisexual guy, I tend to find 'bad boys' attractive. I don't think I would date one though, for multiple reasons.
1. They are probably not gay/bi, or have too much masculine fragility to admit it
2. They tend to be *ssholes
3. Usually way out of my league anyway

I think the attractiveness is just the masculinity really, if that's your thing. Plus a lot of the time, 'bad boys' will just in general be more attractive than others, as they know they don't have to treat girls with respect to make them want them. Also on a more chemical/biological level, they tend to have higher testosterone levels, so causing them to have more confidence to break rules and whatever a bad boy would do, which may also cause them to have more masculine features (like sharp jawline, muscly, etc).

Oh well
Thank you
I get it now
Hi everyone
I do not know, but I am quite sure that this question has been asked before. But I wanted to ask it again. It makes my head spin each time I think about it. Why are so many girls/women attracted to the "bad boy". I am quite sure many guys want to know the answer too.
Is it because they like that kind of guys?
Is it because they like to be treated like trash?
Is it because they feel understood by that kind of guys?
Is it because, generally, those guys are quite handsome most of the time (tall, muscular, six pack abs)?
Is it because they find them sexy (their dark mysterious appeal)?
Is it because they feel like they could be the one who could "save" that kind of guys from their "dark side". So they want to feel like the special one, the one who changed the bad guy?
Is it because they find them strong and more manly?
Please, keep in mind that I am not generalising. I know not all women are like that.
But I feel like out 5 women, 4.5 have been or want to be with the bad guy.
At the end of the day, after having been toyed with and having their heart completely broken, they end up:
- continuing to persue those guys
- deciding to become feminazis and shouting all men should be killed.
- deciding to become the bad girls now, toying and destroying as many men as possible. And this as a revenge; while forgetting they were the ones going after those bad guys and knowing that those guys were not good for them.
Please as I said before, keep in mind that I am not generalising.
I would like men and women opinion on this please.

Attachment not found
Original post by Zarek
An untamed edge creates a bit of frisson and is attractive, also in a women. You tend to think you can handle it too, although often it backfires

Oh well
Are you a guy?

Original post by Joleee
my theory is 1) when you’re a teenager you experiment with boundaries cuz you’re no longer a child but not yet an adult and the ‘bad boy’ is one of those things a girl may want to experiment with.

2) rule breakers are often attractive because they do things people wish they could do but can’t/won’t.

3) bad boys often play hard to get so when the girl gets attention from him she feels special.

4) doesn’t know any nice guys or had poor role models growing up.

5) messiah complex - wants to save him.

i would say most people grow out of it tho cuz when you’re an adult you have responsibilities and stuff like jobs and paying bills and so a more reliable partner is more attractive.

Oh okay
So if I get it, it is only when they become adults that they stop being attracted to bad guys?
But when they are young they prefer those guys, despite the fact that they treat them poorly. As they want to save them.
Well so I guess nice guys will never get the young girls
Original post by londonmyst
Those reasons apply to some females who view bad boys appealing potential dates or bf's.
Plenty of other girls would sooner agree to date a rodent or tarantula.

Sometimes 'bad boy addicted girls' are attracted by the idea of a reckless, edgy, foul mouthed guy who has little time for following most societal rules and would horrify their parents within four seconds.
Consider them to be exciting and adventurous in almost all ways.
Then lose their previous enthusiasm after 3-5 years of failed relationships or more than ten deceased exes who died before their 29th birthday.

Others are interested in the "bad boy" hardcore type to whom prison is a second home.
The drug dealers, vicious thugs and unpleasant habitual criminals who won't blink at the idea of attacking a police officer or blind pensioner with an illegal weapon in a public place during the daytime.
These women often never learn or want to face up to their mistakes.
End up in the morgue, a secure ward or prison- with their children languishing in the foster system.

Oh
That is quite sad
I get it
Those examples show how extreme having a relationship with those guys can be.
So I guess it is the adrenaline that those women are looking for...
So does it mean that nice men cannot really stand a chance?
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Like post 10 said its generally a phase for girls who are interested in 'bad guys' err whatever else. You basically hit the nail on the head, its a mix of all of what you suggested.
I must ask though, in your OP you mentioned something about .5% of a woman? Are you chopping them in half and then asking? :rofl:

Oh well I really thought that all I have mentioned was not the reason
That I was quite wrong
I am starting to feel like because of that, many good guy out there who are so kind and respect women will not stand a chance most of the time with a woman they like just because she is would prefer the bad guy by far

😂😂😂😂😂no way
I can't do that
Maybe a bad guy would😛😛
No I said that I felt like out of 5 women, 4.5 have been or want to be with a bad guy.
Oh
That is quite sad
I get it
Those examples show how extreme having a relationship with those guys can be.
So I guess it is the adrenaline that those women are looking for...
So does it mean that nice men cannot really stand a chance?

Remember that plenty of women have zero time for bad boys or hardcore criminals.
Most nice men would not be happy or compatible with those women.
Nor want to get too closely involved with them.
Original post by Callicious
Attachment not found

I always see you doing that on threads
Please keep in mind that attachment doesn't appear in relationship
I always see you doing that on threads
Please keep in mind that attachment doesn't appear in relationship

I do indeed do this on a lot of threads. I also don't check if the section is "Relationships" or whatever ;-: I just grab threads from the "LATEST" bar.

WHY CAN'T I POST IMAGES HERE! It makes no sense. Sad times for me, I suppose.

Anyway, the image I posted says:

"THAT PARAGRAPH WAS

TOO DAMN LONG"

When I see a thread with a paragraph that's too big or lumped up, I just respond with this image.
Oh
So it means if nice guys made a move they would be accepted? And not be rejected?
And the reason they get rejected is because they do not make a move and not because they are nice?

This is just what I've seen. They tend to stay back in fear of being rejected or losing their current relationship and so lose the opportunity. I guess some girls like someone more bold and mistake the niceness with the dude just being friendly
Original post by londonmyst
Remember that plenty of women have zero time for bad boys or hardcore criminals.
Most nice men would not be happy or compatible with those women.
Nor want to get too closely involved with them.

I do not know if I got you well there.
But I think they are plenty of nice men who are interested in some women. They really see themselves with those girls.
But said women like only the bad guys.
I do not know
Or did I get you wrong?
Original post by pepsimaxcherry
That’s a stereotype.

I’m a girl and in no way, shape or form would I ever go for a guy like that.

I’m a human and deserve to be treated with dignity and respect, I’m not looking to “chase” some immature boy because he’s “a bad boy”.

As I said before, I was not looking to generalise. My post was not complete. That is why it sounded like a generalisation.
Sorry if I upset you.
As I said before, I was not looking to generalise. My post was not complete. That is why it sounded like a generalisation.
Sorry if I upset you.

You’ve responded to the same comment of mine twice now?

I’m not offended, was merely pointing out that it was stereotypical to assume these kinds of things. I’ve seen you’ve edited your post. It’s all fine :smile:
Original post by pepsimaxcherry
You’ve responded to the same comment of mine twice now?

I’m not offended, was merely pointing out that it was stereotypical to assume these kinds of things. I’ve seen you’ve edited your post. It’s all fine :smile:

Okay then
Original post by SuperiorPotato
This is just what I've seen. They tend to stay back in fear of being rejected or losing their current relationship and so lose the opportunity. I guess some girls like someone more bold and mistake the niceness with the dude just being friendly

Oh well
I guess it means that those girls like to be treated poorly too, as if they were not human beings.
It is quite sad
Hi everyone
I do not know, but I am quite sure that this question has been asked before. But I wanted to ask it again. It makes my head spin each time I think about it. Why are so many girls/women attracted to the "bad boy". I am quite sure many guys want to know the answer too.
Is it because they like that kind of guys?
Is it because they like to be treated like trash?
Is it because they feel understood by that kind of guys?
Is it because, generally, those guys are quite handsome most of the time (tall, muscular, six pack abs)?
Is it because they find them sexy (their dark mysterious appeal)?
Is it because they feel like they could be the one who could "save" that kind of guys from their "dark side". So they want to feel like the special one, the one who changed the bad guy?
Is it because they find them strong and more manly?
Please, keep in mind that I am not generalising. I know not all women are like that.
But I feel like out 5 women, 4.5 have been or want to be with the bad guy.
At the end of the day, after having been toyed with and having their heart completely broken, they end up:
- continuing to persue those guys
- deciding to become feminazis and shouting all men should be killed.
- deciding to become the bad girls now, toying and destroying as many men as possible. And this as a revenge; while forgetting they were the ones going after those bad guys and knowing that those guys were not good for them.
Please as I said before, keep in mind that I am not generalising.
I would like men and women opinion on this please.

Personally I'm a girl and I've never been attracted to a bad boy because they are absolute idiots with no heart
Oh well
I guess it means that those girls like to be treated poorly too, as if they were not human beings.
It is quite sad

Uh no not necessarily it's kind of like where they don't really flirt back in the way they would like or they assume that the guy is being nice to them out of pity or friendship and so push themselves away. Most nice guys don't really put themselves forward as much and so are friend zoned. It's not all the girls fault you know

Quick Reply

Latest