I fancy someone I work with

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I’m 19 and a guy.

I work with a girl who is about a year older than me.

We’ve always got on well together. I feel like we’ve gotten closer. I always wind her up (in a jokey way)

I am starting to have feelings for her. Could I get into trouble for this if she ever found out? Obviously I don’t know if she feels the same way
AlaiaKenny
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m 19 and a guy.

We’ve always got on well together. I feel like we’ve gotten closer. I always wind her up (in a jokey way)

I am starting to have feelings for her. Could I get into trouble for this if she ever found out? Obviously I don’t know if she feels the same way
You’re not going to get in trouble for liking someone. Pay attention to how she reacts to the way you wind her up “in a jokey way” it might be funny sometimes but you don’t want to over do it.

Do you two ever talk outside of work?
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Why would you get in trouble?

Ideally you shouldn't date someone you work with, as it could get super awkward if you ever break up.
𝓖𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓽𝓵𝓪𝓭𝔂
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I’m 19 and a guy.

Some relationships start with working together. You wont get to trouble, but if you like her go out together as friends to start with and assess from there.
Igotbbcalevel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
ask her out. rejection is better than regret
Anonymous #1
(Original post by AlaiaKenny)
You’re not going to get in trouble for liking someone. Pay attention to how she reacts to the way you wind her up “in a jokey way” it might be funny sometimes but you don’t want to over do it.

Do you two ever talk outside of work?
Yes we mainly talk on Facebook messenger.

We don’t actually work our contracted shifts together, but I’ve done overtime on some of her shifts and she’s done overtime during my shifts from time to time so we’ve got to know eachother that way.

But we talk quite a lot on Facebook messenger.

When I wind her up, she just replies with stuff like “omg you’re so annoying”

She doesn’t mean that in a serious way though
tashkent46
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Been there don't do it. Unprofessional and very complicated. In my case we had a 'fling' lasting about a month with her suddenly changing her mind and the changing her mind again. Not healthy, you have to go see her at work. Probably easier if you dump her though ngl.

Crush your feelings or crush yourself mate.
Big gibber
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I’m 19 and a guy.

Is she fit?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Big gibber)
Is she fit?
Yeah she is
Big gibber
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Yeah she is
Go for it then mate
tashkent46
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Yeah she is
Ngl my **** still thinks it's a good idea even though having been through it, it's really not. So whatever just be prepared for the mental issues afterwards since you clearly like her a lot lol.
username402722
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Not a good idea to mix work with pleasure. Just appreciate that you work with someone whose company you enjoy and who is not a miserable person.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Never date a coworker, relative, friend or housemate.
Too much risk when things start to go wrong.
Last edited by londonmyst; 8 months ago
tashkent46
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
Never date a coworker, relative, friend or housemate.
Too much risk when things start to go wrong.
Oops I've done all three

Didn't realise u added relative lmao. No haven't gone there.
Scottishlad888
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Ask her out on a date a walk in the park and coffee no you cant get in any trouble go for it
Zarek
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Many people date colleagues, usually ends in tears, very occasionally it’s happy ever after. If it’s on, I would tend to live for the moment. Go for the ambiguous daytime coffee date suggestion.
Last edited by Zarek; 8 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (71)
37.57%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (19)
10.05%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (12)
6.35%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (47)
24.87%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
13.23%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (15)
7.94%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed