LucyBoodle
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi all,

Hope you are all well!

I am a current year 11 student and am wondering when to start revising for my GCSEs?
I am wondering whether to begin revising now, and just keep going over stuff with longer breaks in between, however I am scared that by doing that, I am going to get so burnt out and just plain exhausted when GCSEs roll round and will then hate school and revision. But by doing that method, I feel like I will continue to get my predicted grades and might be much less stressed when exams do roll round.

Or is it more wise to make good quality revision resources now, and then revise closer to the exams? And if so, when would you start revision?

Thank you!
ali20786
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I think you should start revision now to get extra time to get more resources as well. Revision will improve your confidence and you will take less time to cover more topic easily. Best wishes for your exams
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
i'd start now tbh but don't do long sessions or spend hours studying each day, though you may wanna increase your revision amount leading up to mocks especially. you shouldn't burn out if you pace yourself well and do little and often. better to start now so you can see what the real gaps in your knowledge are rather than what you didn't manage to revise.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (293)
55.7%
I don't have everything I need (233)
44.3%

Watched Threads