Procedural irregularities and possible bias

Watch
username5430472
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I’ve received my re-sit exam grade back the other day which has been graded as a fail, upon looking closer at my feedback I’ve noticed some errors which I can only determine procedural. In my essay I’m suppose to keep it anonymous I did this by covering the names up with black boxes, I double and triple checked that these boxes couldn’t be moved unless moved by someone. Now when I get my grade back I see I’ve failed this section for not keeping anonymity which baffles me, I spoke to my examiner and she said they can’t change this which shocks me as this grade is the difference between going into 2nd year or re-sitting 1st year. She has told me the boxes had moved when opening my document this is quite simply impossible as I’ve sent this document to multiple people who have sent me pictures showing it covering the names. I have appealed this as a procedural irregularity and I’m looking to get this aspect of my grade to be changed as it’s clearly an error which has seriously affected my grade. Do you guys think I’ll be successful in my appeal? Thank you
Mr Wednesday
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by username5430472)
I’ve received my re-sit exam grade back the other day which has been graded as a fail, upon looking closer at my feedback I’ve noticed some errors which I can only determine procedural. In my essay I’m suppose to keep it anonymous I did this by covering the names up with black boxes, I double and triple checked that these boxes couldn’t be moved unless moved by someone. Now when I get my grade back I see I’ve failed this section for not keeping anonymity which baffles me, I spoke to my examiner and she said they can’t change this which shocks me as this grade is the difference between going into 2nd year or re-sitting 1st year. She has told me the boxes had moved when opening my document this is quite simply impossible as I’ve sent this document to multiple people who have sent me pictures showing it covering the names. I have appealed this as a procedural irregularity and I’m looking to get this aspect of my grade to be changed as it’s clearly an error which has seriously affected my grade. Do you guys think I’ll be successful in my appeal? Thank you
What format was the doc in ? If it was a .pdf then that usually freezes in the formatting, but in something like Word the local printer or page settings can make the format change without any user interaction and move a text box arround. Dont EVER submit a document as a word or other "live" file etc if you want the look and feel to stay fixed.
Catherine1973
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
But why did you gave a document with your name in which you covered over somehow? That just seems odd?
We are told to always submit in word (assume so they could word count if needed, though seems to be marked as a pdf with comments?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (255)
56.92%
I don't have everything I need (193)
43.08%

Watched Threads