nognosh
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi everyone, any advice/reference for writing a blog about the contemporary issues in special needs education in UK
thanks
meaghan sharp
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
* Decide on what subcategories you are going to focus on- having some main themes may help with organising your thoughts.
* Do lots of academic reading
* Think of adults with a disability as well as children
* Interview current activists- there are lots of people on instagram who are vocal about advocating for equality and other civil rights for example.
* Be involved in a community so you can link the theoretical practice to the practical
* Make the content accessible- ie that software can read it aloud or if you have videos make sure they are close captioned. As a dyslexic, I can't stand it when I can't use my assistive software with a website
nognosh
Rep:
?
(Original post by meaghan sharp)
* Decide on what subcategories you are going to focus on- having some main themes may help with organising your thoughts.
* Do lots of academic reading
* Think of adults with a disability as well as children
* Interview current activists- there are lots of people on instagram who are vocal about advocating for equality and other civil rights for example.
* Be involved in a community so you can link the theoretical practice to the practical
* Make the content accessible- ie that software can read it aloud or if you have videos make sure they are close captioned. As a dyslexic, I can't stand it when I can't use my assistive software with a website
thank you, any advice or thought about the Policy?
nognosh
Rep:
?
any

(Original post by nognosh)
any resource please
meaghan sharp
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by nognosh)
What do you mean? which policy, each school has their own and the government has its own... You have to be more specific.
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This is a idea

You can start by addressing the lack of consistency. Consider disabled adults as well as disabled kiddos and infants. Explain how you aim to make a true difference. Research and read up on the relevant legal issues. Make a big list of categories first for ease. Refer to it. Contact some schools for advice and information. Try local care companies too as they could help somewhat.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (54)
29.51%
No - I have already returned home (23)
12.57%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (42)
22.95%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (16)
8.74%
No - I live at home during term anyway (48)
26.23%

Watched Threads