Alpacalover1
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,

I've decided to write my EPQ about the ethics of zoos. So far, my title is: "Is it wrong to keep animals in zoos."

I am planning on investigating when it is right to keep animals in zoos (for a balanced argument), like for conservation, breeding programmes and rehabilitation etc...

I also plan on investigating specific cases where it is wrong to keep animals in zoos eg- sea world's orcas , animals kept purely for entertainment & animals housed in poor, unsanitary conditions.

Does anyone have any suggestions / ideas / tips for my project.
Also, does anyone recommend any resources to use, books, magazines etc... Currently I've got a few websites and a book I could read.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
chnsflwr
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm not to sure, but i was also considering to do my EPQ on animals in the wildlife tourism areas, in places like tourism, do you think that this is a good idea? What alevels are you taking as well? I hope someone can help you with ur question !
Alpacalover1
Rep:
?
(Original post by chnsflwr)
I'm not to sure, but i was also considering to do my EPQ on animals in the wildlife tourism areas, in places like tourism, do you think that this is a good idea? What alevels are you taking as well? I hope someone can help you with ur question !
Yeah I think that's a great idea!! Go for It!

I'm taking biology, chemistry and English Literature & I'm hoping to go into veterinary medicine ☺
Thank you, I've mostly sorted it out, but any responses would be appreciated !
chnsflwr
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Alpacalover1)
Yeah I think that's a great idea!! Go for It!

I'm taking biology, chemistry and English Literature & I'm hoping to go into veterinary medicine ☺
Thank you, I've mostly sorted it out, but any responses would be appreciated !
oooh that sounds nice, I'm doing biology geography and history!
hw8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Would recommend the documentary Blackfish (if you have not already seen it)
neko no basu
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Alpacalover1)
Hi,

I've decided to write my EPQ about the ethics of zoos. So far, my title is: "Is it wrong to keep animals in zoos."

I am planning on investigating when it is right to keep animals in zoos (for a balanced argument), like for conservation, breeding programmes and rehabilitation etc...

I also plan on investigating specific cases where it is wrong to keep animals in zoos eg- sea world's orcas , animals kept purely for entertainment & animals housed in poor, unsanitary conditions.

Does anyone have any suggestions / ideas / tips for my project.
Also, does anyone recommend any resources to use, books, magazines etc... Currently I've got a few websites and a book I could read.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
It'd be a very good idea to use academic journals and articles, especially ones which have been peer-reviewed.
You might find some stuff on jstor and google scholar. You can contact your supervisor for more help on that. academia.edu as well although they are not necessarily peer-reviewed, but for an epq I don't think it really matters all that much.
Alpacalover1
Rep:
?
(Original post by hw8)
Would recommend the documentary Blackfish (if you have not already seen it)
Thank you!
Alpacalover1
Rep:
?
(Original post by neko no basu)
It'd be a very good idea to use academic journals and articles, especially ones which have been peer-reviewed.
You might find some stuff on jstor and google scholar. You can contact your supervisor for more help on that. academia.edu as well although they are not necessarily peer-reviewed, but for an epq I don't think it really matters all that much.
Thank you so much for the great advice!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (588)
33.97%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (718)
41.48%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (346)
19.99%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed