The Student Room Group

Second degree funding eligibility? Zoology

Hi!
So back in 2013 I started a two-year foundation degree in childhood studies and graduated in 2015. I then applied and started a 1 year top up course to take it the full BA Education and Care but did not complete the course due to personal reasons that year, then in 2017 I applied to the same top up course again as a repeat year but once again did not manage to complete the degree so my highest level qualification is still my Foundation Degree.

I've left childcare altogether and now want to follow my dream of working with animals and want to study the Zoology BA C300 degree at Hull but confused as to whether I will be funded for the full-time degree?
The STEM list confuses me as it says 'if you hold a degree' but technically I only hold a foundation degree? Any help would be massively appreciated :smile:
Original post by Chickpea1904
Hi!
So back in 2013 I started a two-year foundation degree in childhood studies and graduated in 2015. I then applied and started a 1 year top up course to take it the full BA Education and Care but did not complete the course due to personal reasons that year, then in 2017 I applied to the same top up course again as a repeat year but once again did not manage to complete the degree so my highest level qualification is still my Foundation Degree.

I've left childcare altogether and now want to follow my dream of working with animals and want to study the Zoology BA C300 degree at Hull but confused as to whether I will be funded for the full-time degree?
The STEM list confuses me as it says 'if you hold a degree' but technically I only hold a foundation degree? Any help would be massively appreciated :smile:

Hi there, zooology is not a full time exception course so your previous study will affect your eligibility.

Based on your post, you have 4 years of previous study. The calculation we use to work out your eligibility is; length of new course + 1 additional year - previous study = entitlement.

Your calculation will be length of your zooology course + 1 - 4 = entitlement.
Thanks, Isaac
Original post by Chickpea1904
Hi!

Hi @Chickpea1904

It is great that you are considering studying Zoology at Hull.

I would advise contacting our finance team - [email protected] as they will be able to provide you with advice as to eligibility with funding

Hope this helps,

Emily

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending