The Student Room Group

Does this mean uni is going to be £42000 for home students or internationals?

Hey, I’m kind of confused I thought uni was £9250 a year but I know it’s more for internationals. I’m just not certain that the fees for this uni for a specific course is £42000 for home students as well or just international students. Clarity please!
Original post by ArtmisKco
Hey, I’m kind of confused I thought uni was £9250 a year but I know it’s more for internationals. I’m just not certain that the fees for this uni for a specific course is £42000 for home students as well or just international students. Clarity please!

Maybe link it?
Usually it’s 9250 foot home but around 36000 for international
5D511D58-B055-49CE-8E32-1CF2B4F861B5.jpeg
Oops sorry! Here
Original post by ArtmisKco
5D511D58-B055-49CE-8E32-1CF2B4F861B5.jpeg
Oops sorry! Here

This looks like the fee structure for an undergrad medicine programme.

For Home students, it'll be around £9k fees a year for 5 years, (circa £46k in total, but likely to go up slightly each year).

For International students, it'll be £23k in year 1, then £42k a year for years 2 through 5, (circa £190k in total).
Ah thanks!
Reply 6
I agree with @Admit-One

You might want to contact Admissions at the university concerned to double-check this, and ask if they can review the wording on that web page -- it does look confusing.

What I think they're trying to get across is that home students pay £9,250 per year (for all years), and that international students will pay £23,000 in year 1 and £42,000 for each of years 2 to 5 (but that that £42,000 figure may change).
Original post by martin7
I agree with @Admit-One

You might want to contact Admissions at the university concerned to double-check this, and ask if they can review the wording on that web page -- it does look confusing.

What I think they're trying to get across is that home students pay £9,250 per year (for all years), and that international students will pay £23,000 in year 1 and £42,000 for each of years 2 to 5 (but that that £42,000 figure may change).

Yeah, it's not especially well written. English is my first language, I work in admissions and have some familiarity with fee structures and even I had to re-read it a few times. I'm not sure what an EU/International student is meant to make of it. Often a table is better for displaying info like this.

Clinical tuition fees are notoriously high for international students so I'm fairly certain that's what they are trying to say.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending