Jodie243x
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Can you get finance for a HND course if received maintenance loan and tuition fees for a Foundation degree level 4&5 but did Not completed the second year at level 5?
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jodie243x)
Can you get finance for a HND course if received maintenance loan and tuition fees for a Foundation degree level 4&5 but did Not completed the second year at level 5?
Hi Jodie, how many previous years of study do you have in total? Do you have any higher education qualification?
Thanks, Isaac
Jodie243x
Rep:
?
I was doing a FD course, completed year one at level 4. Did not complete the second year at level 5 due to some family issues.
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I was doing a FD course, completed year one at level 4. Did not complete the second year at level 5 due to some family issues.
In that case you have 2 years of previous study, with no qualification gained.
The calculation we use to work out your entitlement in - length of new course + one additional year - previous study = entitlement.

For a one year HND course your calculation will be 1+1-2=0 years of funding
If you have Compelling Personal Reasons http://ow.ly/MsMM30pjjO then you could send in evidence to apply for the tuition fee loan.
Thanks, Isaac
Jodie243x
Rep:
?
I have gained my level 4. The HNC/HND is a 2 year course.
Jodie243x
Rep:
?
Also the link you provided I can't access it. Says error.
Thank you
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have gained my level 4. The HNC/HND is a 2 year course.
Is it 2 years or is it 1 year HNC and then one year HND? Usually it's 1 year then 1 year to complete both. A HNC is a level 4 qualification so you wouldn't be eligible for funding to study a HNC. A HND is a level 5 qualification so you could apply for funding for the HND.
Also the link you provided I can't access it. Says error.
Thank you
Please try this one http://ow.ly/MsMM30pjjOm
Thanks, Isaac
Jodie243x
Rep:
?
Thank you can I apply for tuition fees and maintenance loan?
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you can I apply for tuition fees and maintenance loan?
For the one year HND you won't be entitled to a Tuition Fee Loan unless you have CPR as advised above but you should be able to apply for a Maintenance Loan.
Thanks, Isaac
Jodie243x
Rep:
?
Thanks, would this be classed as a gift year? Would maintenance be lower than I've received before due to me having in the past?
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks, would this be classed as a gift year? Would maintenance be lower than I've received before due to me having in the past?
No you have already used your additional year as per my calculation above. The Maintenance Loan amount is unaffected by your previous study.
Thanks, Isaac
Jodie243x
Rep:
?
I didn't complete the full two years of previous course so was advised I would be able to gift year
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I didn't complete the full two years of previous course so was advised I would be able to gift year
The calculation we use to work out your entitlement in - length of new course + one additional year - previous study = entitlement.

For a one year HND course your calculation will be 1+1-2=0 years of funding
If you have Compelling Personal Reasons http://ow.ly/MsMM30pjjO then you could send in evidence to apply for the tuition fee loan.

Even if you did not complete the course, it still counts as years of previous study, so you have 2 years of previous study according to your information.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (588)
33.99%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (718)
41.5%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (345)
19.94%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.57%

Watched Threads