The Student Room Group

I told my teacher that she has body odour

My IT teacher has really bad body odour and sometimes stinks up the class.

People laugh at her and make fun of her and pull faces at her because she smells so bad.

I waited till after class to have a word with her.

I told her that I meant no disrespect but she has rather offensive body odour and people mock her for it.

I think I was being nice by telling her.

She then screamed at me and wrote me up a detention.

I fail to see what I did wrong and I'm going to appeal.
omfg :facepalm:
You raised a sensitive personal topic with an authority figure in an offensive way. No appeal. /thread.
Do you WANT to be predicted a low grade this year 🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦
I get that u were maybe trying to be nice but it’s literally none of your business. Teachers have families and friends and lives outside of school and it’s the people in her personal life’s job to bring that up with her not one of her students. If ur not a troll then you’ve REALLY overstepped the mark and she’s probably really upset
Original post by Anonymous
I fail to see what I did wrong and I'm going to appeal.

Good luck with that.
That was incredibly rude, no wonder she got so angry. Not only was that very embarrassing for her, but it is none of your business. She probably knows already, in which case it is most likely uncontrollable.
Original post by Admit-One
Good luck with that.

Assuming any of this happened, i'd wager any 'appeal' would lead to escalation and the OPs parents being called to explain themselves and their genetics.
Original post by StriderHort
Assuming any of this happened, i'd wager any 'appeal' would lead to escalation and the OPs parents being called to explain themselves and their genetics.

I rather suspect the Anonymous "this thing totally happened" brigade is out in force this afternoon.
I rather suspect the Anonymous "this thing totally happened" brigade is out in force this afternoon.

I know, it's such a giveaway

Covid Isn't Real!
I got detention offending my teacher!
I want a Harley Davidson!

What sort of sick *******ing animal would really do any of these things?
You done the right thing good on you
This happens every term.
OP should appeal on human rights basis under inhumane treatment and trauma.
Original post by 999tigger
This happens every term.
OP should appeal on human rights basis under inhumane treatment and trauma.

l agree and a £10.000 payout
Original post by StriderHort
I know, it's such a giveaway

Covid Isn't Real!
I got detention offending my teacher!
I want a Harley Davidson!

What sort of sick *******ing animal would really do any of these things?

- I was at an anti lockdown rally yesterday, there were thousands of us there, the MSM won't ever report it
- Is £200k a lot of money for an 18 year old?

I've got a real soft spot for the endless variations of this thread in Cars & Motoring:

"I've got £40k for my first car and want to get a Merc/BMW/Audi, is this sensible?"
(Many, many respondents) "No, that's wholly daft course of action."
"Well I don't care, I'm doing it anyway"

Sure you are buddy, sure you are.
- I was at an anti lockdown rally yesterday, there were thousands of us there, the MSM won't ever report it
- Is £200k a lot of money for an 18 year old?

I've got a real soft spot for the endless variations of this thread in Cars & Motoring:

"I've got £40k for my first car and want to get a Merc/BMW/Audi, is this sensible?"
(Many, many respondents) "No, that's wholly daft course of action."
"Well I don't care, I'm doing it anyway"

Sure you are buddy, sure you are.

Is X car embarrassing?
I did something obviously stupid in someones car and got chased, why tho?

And that future classic, "I broke someone's Space mirror with my Space car, do I need to tell my Laser insurance?"
i think she was just embarrased so she got angry, next time don't bring up a sensitive topic w someone authoritative :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest