The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Further Maths Paper 1 2020 October

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by oxdashaxo
It was not great but not too bad. I think I did the power of a test question wrong. How did you find stats?

I wasn't too sure about that one. I found the probabilities that x was in the critical regions given that we now know lambda is 7, added them together, then took that from 1. But I then expressed it as a percentage. I'm not sure if you're allowed to express it as a percentage. Overall though I found it alright, but I did better in discrete than stats. How did you find mechanics?
Original post by 54654657
I wasn't too sure about that one. I found the probabilities that x was in the critical regions given that we now know lambda is 7, added them together, then took that from 1. But I then expressed it as a percentage. I'm not sure if you're allowed to express it as a percentage. Overall though I found it alright, but I did better in discrete than stats. How did you find mechanics?

I’m sure that’s fine, after all the power of a test is still a probability. Mechanics was probably worse than stats.
Reply 22
I found Discrete really good But Mechanics a disaster, ran out of time otherwise probably could have done better. thought my mechanics was stronger then my Discrete as well.
Reply 23
Original post by Teulesu
I found Discrete really good But Mechanics a disaster, ran out of time otherwise probably could have done better. thought my mechanics was stronger then my Discrete as well.

How did you find paper 1 and 2?
Reply 24
Original post by FriedFish
Stats was alright, not the best. I’m not sure if it’s enough to make up for all the mistakes I made in the other papers

Reply 25
Paper 1 was ok. paper 2 was quite rough, but not as bad as my mechanics paper.
Original post by 54654657

Paper 2 was alright, paper 1 was a bit more difficult
How did people find the pure papers back in October? Pretty sure I'll be doing them for my mocks in a couple of weeks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending