How do you know if you really love someone

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Dealing with anxiety in relationships, how do I know if I really love my boyfriend ? We’ve been going through a rough patch for the last couple of months and have been quite on and off but always came back to eachother. Irs just been off. I often think he doesn’t love me or I don’t love him.. how to know if you really love someone?
Ackhnologia
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi there
Well
As you are girl, I think girls will be able to tell you.
Abzzz57
nursingstudentuk
scar05
LovelyMrFox
Chopinnocturne31
Some help please😊
tashkent46
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Would you buy him free KFC?
NurseCarol
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Dealing with anxiety in relationships, how do I know if I really love my boyfriend ? We’ve been going through a rough patch for the last couple of months and have been quite on and off but always came back to eachother. Irs just been off. I often think he doesn’t love me or I don’t love him.. how to know if you really love someone?
Hello :/ sorry to hear you are feeling like this. Sounds really difficult. I can only speak from my own personal experience, and it is probably different for everyone, but I feel as though if you have to ask yourself "do I love him", then that probably means you dont... but then again thats just me. I know it can be confusing. I do remember feeling confusde about what love really even was or felt like when I was slightly younger, but once you find someone you really love it becomes so obvious what it feels like in my opinion. Hard to describe though.

Why have things been on and off? Why do you guys keep on not being together for periods? Is this a sign that perhaps you shouldnt be together at all? Especially if you will just break up over and over... it sounds really mentally tolling. Its also troubling to me that you in your own words: "often think he doesnt love" you. Thats so sad to hear, is he not making it obvious to you, or is it perhaps that you know logically that he loves you, he tells you all the time and his actions reflect it (that last part is important), but perhaps your anxieties are skewing things. I think you know the answer to that :/ What do you think? Hope you are ok :heart:
scar05
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
its diffrent for everyone
JustOneMoreThing
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Love is simple, you know if you love someone, it's that simple.
JustOneMoreThing
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ackhnologia)
Hi there
Well
As you are girl, I think girls will be able to tell you.
Abzzz57
nursingstudentuk
scar05
LovelyMrFox
Chopinnocturne31
Some help please😊
No need to call the girl patrol away from the water cooler just yet.
Abzzz57
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, its hard because if you are in love you just know. Love comes in different forms and is different for everyone.

I think really have a think about your relationship, when you break up do you go back to him because you miss him and really want to see him again or do you go back because you think there isn't a better option and its just easier to go back with someone you know?

Don't worry to much about if you love him or not, just figure out if you can see yourself spending all your time with him, growing up together, doing boring things like watching TV or cleaning the house, if you think about all the people you know, is he the first person that comes to mind etc? That way you can figure out if its him you want to spend time with and not just because hes an easy option..

Good luck!
LovelyMrFox
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You would know if you loved them. Perhaps you just need to get over this rough patch or that love hasnt developed yet.
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by JustOneMoreThing)
Love is simple, you know if you love someone, it's that simple.
It really is that basic.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (522)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (642)
41.42%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (314)
20.26%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (72)
4.65%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise