The Student Room Group

maths olympiad for girls

my schools entered all the girls in my further maths class for this olympiad and i’ve looked at some past questions but they’re all super hard and complicated ... does anyone who’s done it before have any tips or just tips on problem solving in general ??????????
Reply 1
Original post by ps2020
hey, if you did the maths olympiad today like me then I hope it went well for you. What answers did you get, just wanna check coz I feel like that went really badly :frown:

I think it runs over 3 days (Tues 6th - Thurs 8th).
https://www.ukmt.org.uk/competitions/solo/mathematical-olympiad-for-girls
It's too early to discuss questions or answers.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
Heyy what answers did everybody get? Does anyone know what the avg scores are like on these olympiads and what are the thresholds?
Reply 3
Original post by Sav_24
Heyy what answers did everybody get? Does anyone know what the avg scores are like on these olympiads and what are the thresholds?

apparently it really depends on the year... do you know when the results are out??
Reply 4
Original post by evek3927
apparently it really depends on the year... do you know when the results are out??

Heyy! I got to know that they come out this Fridayy
Reply 5
Original post by Sav_24
Heyy! I got to know that they come out this Fridayy

ah thanks! I saw the solutions came out a few days ago, I'm not really sure what a good score is but I think I did a bit better than I thought. I think I got 1, 3 and 4 and 1 part of 2 and 5 but I dont know if that's good or bad?? I just got involuntarily signed up too so I don't really know much about it... was kind of expecting to get nothing tbh
Reply 6
Original post by bleepbloop_
my schools entered all the girls in my further maths class for this olympiad and i’ve looked at some past questions but they’re all super hard and complicated ... does anyone who’s done it before have any tips or just tips on problem solving in general ??????????

have you guys got your results today? my teacher is telling me next period
Reply 7
Original post by evek3927
have you guys got your results today? my teacher is telling me next period

yess! what did you get?
Reply 8
Original post by Sav_24
yess! what did you get?

I got 38, you? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest