AB2907
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Hi guys,

I wanted some advice for A-level Physics.

What resources should I use?

Is it worth investing in a 3 month basic membership of snaprevise just to use the videos if my teacher isn't great?
cloudypink
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I don't have experience of Snap Revise for physics personally but I'd imagine it'd be equally as good as it is for Chemistry and Biology. The videos are concise and explain topics well and are very good for both teaching and revision - it works super well for me. If you use a discount code e.g. QSTUDY10 the £30 for 3 months becomes £20 which isn't a huge risk.
AB2907
Rep:
?
(Original post by cloudypink)
I don't have experience of Snap Revise for physics personally but I'd imagine it'd be equally as good as it is for Chemistry and Biology. The videos are concise and explain topics well and are very good for both teaching and revision - it works super well for me. If you use a discount code e.g. QSTUDY10 the £30 for 3 months becomes £20 which isn't a huge risk.
Ah thank you for discount code! Are the videos enough for an A grade in AS?
Purplery
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I used UpLearn for Physics
cloudypink
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by AB2907)
Ah thank you for discount code! Are the videos enough for an A grade in AS?
No problem. Again, can't speak for physics, but yes and no. I am aiming for an A* in Biology and Chem A level, so technically it definitely is aiding that, but there's one thing understanding content but another thing to also make sure you fully engage with the content - so make notes and then use some form of memory recall e.g. flash cards so it sticks into your head - and it is best to cross reference the Snap Revise videos with your textbook so you get the best of both worlds (sometimes SnapRevise has more detail than my textbook and vice versa) and of course practise tests. I will note that there are videos going through practice questions which can help this, I'd say it's best to pause, try to complete the question yourself, and then watch the walkthrough of it so it's more of an active than passive learning. But for the gaining an understanding and having the information you need presented to you, it does give everything you need in that regard to get an A/A* I'd say.
AB2907
Rep:
?
(Original post by Purplery)
I used UpLearn for Physics
I did check them out however they don't do AQA and is out of my budget.

(Original post by cloudypink)
No problem. Again, can't speak for physics, but yes and no. I am aiming for an A* in Biology and Chem A level, so technically it definitely is aiding that, but there's one thing understanding content but another thing to also make sure you fully engage with the content - so make notes and then use some form of memory recall e.g. flash cards so it sticks into your head - and it is best to cross reference the Snap Revise videos with your textbook so you get the best of both worlds (sometimes SnapRevise has more detail than my textbook and vice versa) and of course practise tests. I will note that there are videos going through practice questions which can help this, I'd say it's best to pause, try to complete the question yourself, and then watch the walkthrough of it so it's more of an active than passive learning. But for the gaining an understanding and having the information you need presented to you, it does give everything you need in that regard to get an A/A* I'd say.
That's good - I make flashcards on Anki from physicsandmathstutor to learn the knowledge. It's moreso just understanding difficult concepts that I would need the videos for - I'd just need SnapRevise to build up these concepts from first principles so I understand it. Thank you for your help! If anyone actually does have experience with Physics on SnapRevise please do let me know
cloudypink
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by AB2907)
I did check them out however they don't do AQA and is out of my budget.

That's good - I make flashcards on Anki from physicsandmathstutor to learn the knowledge. It's moreso just understanding difficult concepts that I would need the videos for - I'd just need SnapRevise to build up these concepts from first principles so I understand it. Thank you for your help! If anyone actually does have experience with Physics on SnapRevise please do let me know
Yeah Anki's good! I just downloaded it recently so probably am not utilising its full features but I find it better than Quizlet as you can customise the cards more e.g. by adding diagrams.

Snap Revise have some videos on their YouTube channel - I think they are older videos that have since been updated so there probably has been improvements since but it can give you an idea.

It helps me with difficult concepts, sometimes things can be explained much easier in words than in a textbook.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (30)
5.32%
Uncertainty around my education (65)
11.52%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (66)
11.7%
Lack of purpose or motivation (75)
13.3%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (32)
5.67%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (28)
4.96%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (60)
10.64%
Financial worries (35)
6.21%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (22)
3.9%
Exposure to negative news/social media (34)
6.03%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (15)
2.66%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (56)
9.93%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (46)
8.16%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise