SophieAmey
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Does anyone have any memorisation techniques or any ways to improve exam technique?
I got a B in my mock last year and 1 off a B recently. I’m really looking for an A. Can anyone help?
Rxwa
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Hi there!

I took A level Biology and I was actually predicted a C in year 12 (I knew I was capable of achieving higher than that, but my revision techniques where all over the place). I decided to improve myself by putting so much effort and using good revision techniques and at the end of my hard work, I got an A*. The technique that helped me the most was making simple flashcards that included images. My flashcards didn't have a lot of information as I wanted to test what I already knew. Anything else that I wasn't sure of, I'd use the textbook and make concise mind maps or notes to which I'd then hang them up on my wall. So I'm constantly testing myself everyday until I memorised all the info. In terms of exam technique, just keep doing past papers and read the mark scheme. This is so important as not only would you improve in your exam writing skills but you're actively using your knowledge that you spent memorising all this time to use. You would be able to easily see the gaps in your knowledge and fill them in later with extra revision.

You got this!
SophieAmey
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thank you!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (53)
21.72%
Note taking apps (6)
2.46%
Flashcards (47)
19.26%
Revision guides (15)
6.15%
Past papers (115)
47.13%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (8)
3.28%

Watched Threads