noorulhuda12
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I just appeared for my LNAT on the 3rd of October, after averaging at around 27 on the sample tests available on Pearson's website and around 29 on the Mock Papers available in the "The Ultimate Lnat Collection" guidance book, I was feeling fairly confident about my LNAT. While its extremely difficult to predict a solid average for this year due to the subjective nature of the exam, I did find the test easier than the sample tests online however still trickier than what I had initially expected. What do you guys reckon would be a rough estimate of this year's national average and what would universities consider to be a fairly competitive score?

Personally, I feel as if the average would be anywhere around 18.5-19.5, with offers from kings/ucl/lse (the universities I'm primarily applying to) to have an average acceptance score varying from 22-25/26.

I would love to hear the thoughts of everyone who's attempted the test this year!!
madpaddington
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by noorulhuda12)
Hi, I just appeared for my LNAT on the 3rd of October, after averaging at around 27 on the sample tests available on Pearson's website and around 29 on the Mock Papers available in the "The Ultimate Lnat Collection" guidance book, I was feeling fairly confident about my LNAT. While its extremely difficult to predict a solid average for this year due to the subjective nature of the exam, I did find the test easier than the sample tests online however still trickier than what I had initially expected. What do you guys reckon would be a rough estimate of this year's national average and what would universities consider to be a fairly competitive score?

Personally, I feel as if the average would be anywhere around 18.5-19.5, with offers from kings/ucl/lse (the universities I'm primarily applying to) to have an average acceptance score varying from 22-25/26.

I would love to hear the thoughts of everyone who's attempted the test this year!!
I just did my LNAT today and I know what you mean. I don’t know if it was the distractions in the room or if the questions were just harder than expected but I definitely found it tricky.

I can’t quite speak on the average just because I haven’t heard enough people talk about it yet and as I said, not sure if it was actually hard or just me. I feel like mine could have gone either way but I feel really nervous as I need a high score for Durham/King’s/Bristol.
noorulhuda12
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by madpaddington)
I just did my LNAT today and I know what you mean. I don’t know if it was the distractions in the room or if the questions were just harder than expected but I definitely found it tricky.

I can’t quite speak on the average just because I haven’t heard enough people talk about it yet and as I said, not sure if it was actually hard or just me. I feel like mine could have gone either way but I feel really nervous as I need a high score for Durham/King’s/Bristol.
Yeah, I feel more or less the same as you. I really do hope you end up getting a score which ensures you an offer from all 3 of these schools!!
madpaddington
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by noorulhuda12)
Yeah, I feel more or less the same as you. I really do hope you end up getting a score which ensures you an offer from all 3 of these schools!!
You as well! Best of luck with all your applications, especially the ones requiring the LNAT! x
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
A good MCQ score is anywhere 25+. Over 30 is very good.
Under stress of the real exam, your score will be lower than any test paper.
Remember that Unis also read the essay - so you can't be certain of your overall score.
brandon1102
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I just took my test earlier today. The questions are really tricky as I often find myself stuck in 1 of 2 possible answers. Because of that, I kinda had lesser time for the later passages and just attempted to guess some of them. It's true that it can go either way, let's hope for the best.

(Original post by madpaddington)

Snsjneekek
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I did mine today. How hard did everyone find the essay questions?
McGinger
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just a gentle reminder that no-one should reveal any of this year's essay questions anywhere online or in person

If you think about it, its not actually in your interests to do this anyway - those other people could, with the insider knowledge you've just handed to them, get a better LNAT score than you. And get an offer instead of you. So dont do it - not even to other people at school, not even if they aren't applying for Law.
madpaddington
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by McGinger)
Just a gentle reminder that no-one should reveal any of this year's essay questions anywhere online or in person

If you think about it, its not actually in your interests to do this anyway - those other people could, with the insider knowledge you've just handed to them, get a better LNAT score than you. And get an offer instead of you. So dont do it - not even to other people at school, not even if they aren't applying for Law.
Exactly!!!
madpaddington
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Snsjneekek)
I found the actual questions ok but I struggled personally with time
brandon1102
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I guess the essay was something that I can write about and argue for but without much statistical support.

How did you find the MCQ questions though? I was struggling with time, all the possible answers are too uncertain compared to past paper T.T
Last edited by brandon1102; 1 month ago
Snsjneekek
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by brandon1102)
I guess the essay was something that I can write about and argue for but without much statistical support.

How did you find the MCQ questions though? I was struggling with time, all the possible answers are too uncertain compared to past paper T.T
Time wasn't really an issue but I thought a lot of the questions were quite subjective and could've had more than one answer
McGinger
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Time wasn't really an issue but I thought a lot of the questions were quite subjective and could've had more than one answer
That's the whole point - there isnt a 'right' answer.
What they want to see is if you can spot that and you can explore both sides of the argument in an objective way. 'On the one hand, on the other hand', 'An alternative viewpoint would be ....'. etc
Snsjneekek
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by McGinger)
That's the whole point - there isnt a 'right' answer.
What they want to see is if you can spot that and you can explore both sides of the argument in an objective way. 'On the one hand, on the other hand', 'An alternative viewpoint would be ....'. etc
I was talking about the MCQs not the essays
ayesla
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I found this year's LNAT a lot harder than what expected (harder than the official practice tests, on par with Arbitio) because there were so many questions where I was debating between 2/3 choices and passages that were vaguely worded. Was also harder than last year's LNAT imo
emma_mcd11
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by brandon1102)
Hi, I just took my test earlier today. The questions are really tricky as I often find myself stuck in 1 of 2 possible answers. Because of that, I kinda had lesser time for the later passages and just attempted to guess some of them. It's true that it can go either way, let's hope for the best.
I found it difficult too, and generally thought that my essay went far better than my mcq. A lot of the things I've seen on here seem to be people saying they found it hard so hopefully the average will be nice and low xx
Tommcbridee
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I sat mine on the 23rd September and feel the same way - I found so many of the questions very subjective and was often really torn between two answers. I ended up changing a few and I'm really regretting it now! Hopefully the average will be a bit lower than usual to reflect the difficulty though
ayesla
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Tommcbridee)
I sat mine on the 23rd September and feel the same way - I found so many of the questions very subjective and was often really torn between two answers. I ended up changing a few and I'm really regretting it now! Hopefully the average will be a bit lower than usual to reflect the difficulty though
Exactly! Same here
nyx2911
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Gave mine today :/ it was as tough as the ones on arbitio and honestly the mcqs were very tricky. The essay was alright I suppose but I definitely messed up my last argument and the conclusion
Tommcbridee
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by nyx2911)
Gave mine today :/ it was as tough as the ones on arbitio and honestly the mcqs were very tricky. The essay was alright I suppose but I definitely messed up my last argument and the conclusion
Yeah I would say mine was a similar difficulty to Arbitio :/ Like I said though, hopefully there will be a lower average and standardisation should also help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.1%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.67%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.37%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.51%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise