Hello i got a mark from CIFAS

Watch
Dany33
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
2 months ago i apply for bounce back loan and in the middle of application i get rejected , my business manager tell me i have to get a report from CIFAS from my database , i got it and i find out Barclays but a mark on my file as a “fraud” i call Barclays for a final response letter and i still waiting for an answer , i just was have a personal account with them but a week after i open it they close it with a reason I don’t mert criteria to be with them , thats happened on July , I don’t know what to do , did somebody here can help me or give me an advice? Thanks
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Dany33)
2 months ago i apply for bounce back loan and in the middle of application i get rejected , my business manager tell me i have to get a report from CIFAS from my database , i got it and i find out Barclays but a mark on my file as a “fraud” i call Barclays for a final response letter and i still waiting for an answer , i just was have a personal account with them but a week after i open it they close it with a reason I don’t mert criteria to be with them , thats happened on July , I don’t know what to do , did somebody here can help me or give me an advice? Thanks
There's no advice to give.

Banks don't throw around CIFAS markers for no reason; you've done something to warrant it, so live it out until it expires.
Dany33
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by IWMTom)
There's no advice to give.

Banks don't throw around CIFAS markers for no reason; you've done something to warrant it, so live it out until it expires.
I open personal account with Barclays , after i receive debit card and pin and all documents they close it , can you tell me what i did wrong with them? I have Metro bank account personal and business for years and i have no bad reputation at all
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I open personal account with Barclays , after i receive debit card and pin and all documents they close it , can you tell me what i did wrong with them? I have Metro bank account personal and business for years and i have no bad reputation at all
Why not ask them what you did wrong? Clearly you did something.
martin7
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
You need to ask Barclays why there's a fraud marker on your account and go through their formal complaints process. (Maybe you've already started this process.) Once they've investigated they'll issue a final response. If necessary you can then go to the Financial Ombudsman Service if you're still not happy.

Note that even if a bank agrees to remove a Cifas marker, they may still decide that they no longer want you as a customer.

Cifas specify the criteria that must be met for a marker to be put in place; these include:

That there are reasonable grounds to believe that a Fraud or Financial Crime has been committed or attempted;

That the evidence must be clear, relevant and rigorous such that the member could confidently report the conduct of the Subject to the police;
The full details are here: https://www.cifas.org.uk/fraud-preve...nfd-principles

Also, see the section "Disputing the Data" at https://www.cifas.org.uk/contact-us/...access-request

But bear in mind that banks don't record Cifas markers against people on a whim.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (41)
18.47%
No one else does (73)
32.88%
I'm embarrassed about my background (22)
9.91%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (74)
33.33%
We don't use a video platform (3)
1.35%
I don't have a camera (4)
1.8%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
2.25%

Watched Threads