Want more information about this university?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
What can I do to strengthen my Ucas application and personal statement for primary school teaching
Sarvienn
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I assume you're asking in the context that you've taught at primary schools and you want to include it in your PS. My suggestion is talk about the skills youve gained.

Talk about soft skills you have gained when teaching. Maybe in your last paragraph of non-academic activities or just in any of them.
Manchester Metropolitan University
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
What can I do to strengthen my Ucas application and personal statement for primary school teaching
Hello there,

It's great to see that you're interested in applying to study a degree in Primary Education with QTS!

As mentioned by Sarvienn, it is important to showcase your understanding of the teaching profession, what the job entails and what experiences/skills you have that could allow you to succeed in completing the course and, in the long run, to be a successful teacher. Though we recommend obtaining some form of shadowing in a classroom setting, we understand this is becoming increasingly difficult due to COVID-19 restrictions.

A good starting point would be to do some desk-based research on the current challenges and changes in the teaching profession (responsibilities, national curriculum and so on) to give you a clear picture of it. You can then use the knowledge you have gained to support your personal statement and let the admissions tutor understand that your choice to study BA (Hons) Primary Education QTS is an informed one .

I would also recommend signing up for one of our Online Open Days, where you will have the opportunity to interact with academic staff of the course to ask questions and attend a taster session. You can register your interest here.

I hope this helps

Luca
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (117)
63.59%
I don't have everything I need (67)
36.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed