madpaddington
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I wrote my LNAT yesterday and my essay didn’t go as well as I would have hoped. I feel like I ended up writing a barely satisfactory essay with good points but not enough substance.

I didn’t get a chance to look at my final word count because the time ended while writing my last word, but I want to say it was around 400 words or just over. I’m pretty sure that’s way too short but I said everything I had to say.

I’m applying to Durham, KCL and Bristol as my LNAT choices. Does anyone know if this is going to impact my chances on getting in?
madpaddington
Rep:
?
bump
madpaddington
Rep:
?
bump
Franco28
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
LNAT is supposed to be the exam that will decide if you are in or not. Getting a higher scare or half it’s essential to have a chance to be accepted. So yh it will impact a lot your chances. However, you will not receive your essay score, only A Section, so hopefully that section gets a score over the half! Good luck
oathkeeper14
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I'm also applying to King's ans Bristol so I can speak for those. For King's, if you have a high MCQ score, it likely won't. King's only considers the essay to decide between two very similar applicants.

For Bristol, it will matter and you'll have a significant decrease in your chances of getting in. Quick math: The LNAT counts as 40% of the score they'll use to rank your admission. 40% of that score is the essay. That means 16% of your score for Bristol is your LNAT essay. The Essay is marked only with the following scores: 0-25-50-75-100. That means 4% for each 25 points. A MCQ question would roughly equal to 0,6% in comparison. So, one step decrease in the essay would equal to almost 7 multiple choice questions, making the essay really important for Bristol
tipexmaster25
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
You might not have done as badly as you think- the essays in practise can be hard to mark since its not like there's a right or wrong answer. When do you get to know of your score?(I don't know much about LNAT only admissions tests in general), as some people have said above it seems like some of your unis don't consider it too much anyhow. You can't change it now so try not to stress, it could turn out to be good! Praying you get the score you want tho :five:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (175)
58.53%
I don't have everything I need (124)
41.47%

Watched Threads